What Happened?

by hibiscusfire 62 Replies latest social current

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

So you stayed till the ambulance got there? I thought you just left! There is nothing you can do after that

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Honestly I would have tried to sit her up, talk to her and see what was up. She might have been hit or something. I'm not trying to judge you at all though Hib but thinking that the police would "rape her" and that leaving her there because of that is just really messed up imo.

GBL

• damselfly
    damselfly
    Are people concerned about you today? Is there a way when things happen and you are not sure what to do that others who have been in a similar situation be able to help you?

Can we help each other with things that happen each day?

Hib~how do you answer these questions in light of what happened?

If you didn't want to call the police you could have called an ambulance or made sure that someone knew first aid and was there to administer it.

Be the good samartian, don't wonder where they are.

Dams

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Buttlight:

No I didn't stay I only heard about the ambulance this morning. No one else seemed bothered. I just didn't know what to do that's all. I felt frustrated.

HF

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    No one else seemed bothered. I just didn't know what to do that's all.

I wonder how many people left that scene thinking that nobody else was bothered. I'm sure there was a guy getting on a bus who was appalled to see a woman watch the whole event and then jump in a taxi like there was nothing happening. Meanwhile he gets on his bus because he doesn't know what to do. There might be a lesson in there somewhere.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Dams:

If you didn't want to call the police you could have called an ambulance or made sure that someone knew first aid and was there to administer it.

I was upset about the whole thing really. The people around were just looking on. I wanted to call the police when I got home but I was told to let it be. Sometimes the police would victimise the person who called for help. They are stupid police!

HF

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

An apt passage from the Bible (KJV especially for you, hib):

Matthew 25:41-46

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

funky:

I wonder how many people left that scene thinking that nobody else was bothered. I'm sure there was a guy getting on a bus who was appalled to see a woman watch the whole event and then jump in a taxi like there was nothing happening. Meanwhile he gets on his bus because he doesn't know what to do. There might be a lesson in there somewhere.

That entire area was packed with people. Maybe someone else did call for help. She wasn't there this morning. I thought the man who was helping her could have done more. I don't know!

HF

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

They're even less appreciative of the things you don't do for them...

At the very least I'd have called 999 (our version of 911). In fact i was in exactly that situation a couple of months ago (can't find the post), and previously, earlier this year:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/85320/1.ashx

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Hi, I actually understand. I don't know how old you are, but as a person gets older, they get more ballsy and are more willing to try to do something even if they don't know what it is.

I don't know what country, nor what state you are in, but police violence does happen, but not often here in the states, at least not to a woman in that condition. She may have had a stroke. She may have been diabetic, which can act like drunkeness. The police would likely have called an ambulance anyway. At least someone did something.

I'm a buttinski... I tend to stop and ask if someone needs help. I don't have a cell phone, but I can at least find out the problem and go to a payphone and dial 911.

There are other things to consider: in a place with few people around even in broad daylight, a woman should NEVER go to the aide of a man, even if he asks. She should find another man to ask for assistance. That's how Ted Bundy and the Green River Killer got many of their victims.

But woman to woman? Get involved!

Take this as a life lesson. Don't beat yourself up over it. Next time, you will know that you need to do something.

Hugs

Brenda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit