What Happened?

by hibiscusfire 62 Replies latest social current

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Hib, to make amends to yourself, you might call the abulance company and find out where they took her and maybe even her name. They, if she's still in the hospital, go and see her. Say you're her cousin or something. Then tell her what happened and that you are terribly relieved she was taken care of!

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Wow, this thread is kinda weird.

would the police there rape her. They do that sometimes.

What city do you live in?

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused
    I thought the man who was helping her could have done more. I don't know!

Wow! For a person to stand back and not do a THING to help this woman I do not understand how you can think bad of the other person who DID do something to help. How can you judge that this person did not help enough when you jumped in a taxi and left without helping?

BTW, what country do you live in where the police are this bad?

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Brenda: call the abulance company and find out where they took her and maybe even her name. They, if she's still in the hospital, go and see her. That's just it we have different ambulance services. I don't even know which one. The only thing I could do to find out is from the vendor who was there. He wasn't there this morning for me to ask. Besides the system here is that someone would die first before help arrives or if you don't have money. Our health services are poor unless you have money. I travel I don't have a vehicle so it's hard for me sometimes unless I hire a taxi in that moment of need. Also people don't have that kind of information as to just call and say so so so you know...it will take a long while. A simple thing there is only one telephone no. to get into a particular hospital. HF

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Hey don't bash me so much please...you don't know how I really felt ok. There were vendors and many other people there besides the 2 men dragged her next to the vendor's stall. It was the first time I experienced that!

I'm not bashing you. You seem quite shocked that so many people saw this event but did little or nothing to help. The point I was making is that you were one of those people too.

Just because people are Christians doesn't mean they are not human.

Of course, but did you miss the whole point of Christianity? You seem more than happy to condemn homosexuals, atheists and Catholics for not following the peculiar laws of your interpretation of the Bible and yet, when you see someone in need, what do you do to help? In the parable of the Good Samaritan, which character are you? In the parable of the Pharisee and the tax collector, which character are you? When Jesus judges the sheep from the goats, which will you be?

A police officer admitted to someone that when people call the station for help they say that they will come...but he said they prefer to go after everything is finished so they wouldn't get hurt in the process!!!!!

Which central American republic do you live in, exactly?

• lilybird
    lilybird

Its true that in our society today, ppl don't always help others or want to get involved . A neighbour of ours works as cab driver. She was called to pick up a fare in the parking lot of a plaza. The teenage girl waiting for the ride asked the cabbie to put her small bag in the trunk, which she found a strange request as it was just a small plastic grocery bag. As she was putting the bag in the trunk, a teenage boy started beating on her. As he was beating her, there were many ppl coming and going as it was a busy plaza. NO one tried to help her or even called 911. After they both robbed her of the little cash she had, the cabby managed to crawl to her cab and called for help.... She couldn't believe no one even cared enough to call 911. She has recovered from her numerous injuries and the two people who attacked her have been caught.
    They robbed her so they could buy drugs....

• siegswife
    siegswife

I've seen people fall out on the street twice in my life.

The first time my son's and I were walking in the downtown area where we used to live. I sent one of the boys into a store to have someone call 911 and stayed with her until the ambulance arrived. Her problem was she had a seizure.

The second time I was working as a vendor at the Mummers Day Parade in Philadelphia. A women fell out right next to my cart. I flagged down a cop and then gave him some paper or something out of my cart for him to press up against a cut she had on her head from falling. I'm not sure what her deal was - they took her away in an ambulance before she regained consciousness.

I don't think I could just walk away from a situation like that. I would probably made sure that an ambulance was called before I left the situation if I couldn't stay with her.

As far as the cops doing bad things, that may be true in some cases, but I think the majority of them do try to do a good job. Maybe you're still suffering from post-dub paranoia. Policemen aren't perfect by a longshot, but most of them aren't monsters either.

Lea

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

siegs:

As far as the cops doing bad things, that may be true in some cases, but I think the majority of them do try to do a good job. Maybe you're still suffering from post-dub paranoia. Policemen aren't perfect by a longshot, but most of them aren't monsters either.

Well that's true not all police men are bad. Right now they are investigating police officers.

HF

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Any special reason you have ignored these questions:

What city do you live in?

BTW, what country do you live in where the police are this bad?

Which central American republic do you live in, exactly?

M'

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Mrs. Jones:

About the woman? - I worried....I asked a taxi driver this morning if he saw the woman yesterday...he said that an ambulance was there....then it was probably more - maybe it wasn't alcohol.

That woman is on my mind still. I did not like what I saw...to me it was frightening.

I'm having lunch very late. And I got pissed at someone.

Sorry Hibis but I would not have left that poor woman until I knew she was taken care of and I am speaking from experience.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit