I LOST IT ... my JW rant today

by talesin 77 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Wowza Girl, You have been through the wringer frontwards and backwards. (((Hugs))) to you, my east coast friend.

LoisLane

PS Is your mom still alive?

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I was wondering the same thing as Lois. I am glad you were able to get those feelings out. I can't begin to imagine the pain you went through on many levels. I hope life is treating you much better.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Somethings never go away. Sorry for your struggle.

The saddest thing as I read it, is that although it is NINE YEARS OLD, I suspect that it could just have easily have been written by some today. The only difference now is that the Court System is holding them hostage for the decades old policy of protecting the abuser in the name of protecting the "organization".

Doc

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Thanks for posting this talesin. I can relate 100% to your experience and the way you're feeling. Your mother sounded EXACTLY like how my own elderly mother responds to me, using the same words.

• Paris
    Paris

I think you were very honest and you deserve validation and respect. You spoke the truth and did not blame your mother, which is amazing, You have every reason to blame her personally but you put the blame on the WT and not her. Few people would have that restraint and kindness. You have a right to speak the truth and tell her the facts and do not allow her to shame you. You have nothing to be ashamed of. The WT is a shaming religion. You are doing more good than any harm you might imagine. After all doesn't she claim to "have the Truth"? So bring on the TRUTH.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

DesirousofChange - "The saddest thing as I read it, is that although it is NINE YEARS OLD, I suspect that it could just have easily have been written by some today."

Hell; I though it was, at first.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Dear talesin. If you want to chat, give me a call on skype. Lappeta is my name on there. I’m a good listener.

Brian.

• talesin
    talesin

GTTM

Of course, the past is part of what defines us, but yes, I have moved on. Traces are left behined, though. Much love you you! :))

• talesin
    talesin

Lois - sry to be so out of touch, but had pneumonia for a few months, and I've neglected my family. Will write soon! And, my mom is still around (as far as I know, I'm in touch with cousins, so would hear the news, if anything big).

Aunt Fancy - thank you, and yeah, it's hard. Life is not treating me better, but I'm dealing with it in a more positive way, and I guess ....... that's the minimum we can hope for? And, with that minumum, maybe we can build and make things better.

DOC - yup, that is that point. Nothing has changed. and that is the saddest thing. On the other hand..... thank YOU for support - THAT is what it's all about - helping each other heal. It's so important, and let's not lose point of that. We need to heal. When we are healed, we can start looking at making our abusers accountable. xo

yadda yadda - okay, that's wonderful! and is why we share. I'm sorry you had to feel that way, it just makes me feel tired thinking about it, the crap we go through, but sharing makes us stronger. Never forget! :))

Paris - Bring on the TRUTH. Yes! Thank you for your kind words and validation.

Vidiot - yes, it *is* sad, so many new folk, telling the same stores of abuse ... thank YOU; I always enjoy reading you ..... smart, just real, and no axe to grind. xoxo

Thank you, Seraphim! much love to you!

xo

tal

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

talesin - "...thank YOU; I always enjoy reading you ..... smart, just real, and no axe to grind. xoxo"

You're welcome (and thank you).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit