I LOST IT ... my JW rant today

by talesin 77 Replies latest jw friends

• shera
    shera

Well,you got out your fusturations and released your anger,which is a good thing! Keeping things in,just eats a person up.

Sometimes we have to speak out and be firm to get our point across.

****hugs****

~Heather

• prophecor
    prophecor

J, Sometimes you gotta give it to folks fully loaded and with both barrells. It's not always the worst thing to read somebody the riot act, even if it is your own mother. A healthy dumping, a lot of times, is just what's needed to clear the air. You have the right to be hostile. Now, hopefully, she'll be able to see as well as hear, all that weighs so heavily on your heart.

• kls
    kls

Tales , sometimes we can't hold in our anger and it is best to let it out ,otherwise it builds up and takes control of our lives. Please don't feel bad for having your say because actually , she had it coming.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I actually enjoyed your rant talesin. PM you later.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh my god Talesin, Me and my siblings can so relate to your situation.

((((((Hugs))))))

Josie

• seven006
    seven006

T,

There was this comedian who did an HBO special I saw a few years back. He told a story about his four-year-old little daughter who ran across the room and jumped on his lap kneeing him in the balls like a stinger missile. He quickly, and as gently as he could, in his moment of agony shoved her over and yelled out in incredible pain while grabbing his throbbing groin.

His little daughter began to cry profusely and ran over to her mother who tried to comfort her. Seeing that he had scared his little daughter he tried to put his pain aside and wobbled over to her in a semi-crippled manner. He gave her a hug, began to kiss her and apologize telling her daddy was so sorry for scaring her and making her cry. In his pain he was more concerned about hurting her feelings than thinking about the incredible pain he was suffering.

As he walked back to his Lazy Boy chair all hunched over to sit down again and wait for the groin pain to slowly subside, he looked back at his wife. His wife was shaking her head with one of those semi-smiles than no man will ever completely understand. Then it hit him. His daughter was only four years old and she had already learned how a woman can inflect incredible pain on a man, and then, have HIM apologize for it.

Those of us who were raised in the cult and left it after we were smart enough to figure out it’s diabolical deceptions, have been placed in a similar situation. We have had a life long psychological injury given to us by our parents and THEY think we have something to feel sorry for. Pain is pain weather it is physical or psychological. JW parents are just like that four-year-old little girl. They will never see that they are the ones who inflicted the original pain. They will only see the result of the pain they inflicted on us and not understand our reaction to it.

The watchtower company has trained them well. It is never their fault. They can do what ever they want, inflect as much pain as they wish and expect those who have suffered that pain to apologize for receiving it. Just like when the 1975 issue was shown to be absolutely false, the watchtower blamed their followers for taking what they said wrong and blamed them for misunderstanding them. That says a lot for the mental maturity of the average JW. It is a religion of mental four-year-olds and the watchtower wants to keep them that way.

Don’t feel bad for a second about your “rant”. You did good.

Dave

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

(((tal))) ,

you're one my heros.

TS

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

wow, so sorry talesin, thanks for relating your experience ......

I am meeting with my entire family next weekend, first time in 10 years, to discuss my mom, religion, and inheritances, so I'll let you know how my weekend goes, I too, think i will lose it on them, but I will try and keep my cool, lol darling, hang in there.

• Soledad
    Soledad

talesin

I have had many many many conversations like that with my mother. Sometimes you just have to do it, you have to let it all out, more so in your situation because you were so heinously traumatized as a child.

hugs!

• sf
    sf

Dear Talesin,

I'm very familiar with your emotions, as I've felt and still feel them.

Sincerely, sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit