I'm an ex-dub as of tonight.

by Pole 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Pole, yippeeeee on your family's closure! Isn't life great when you are out from under that burden?

Sherry

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

oops! Double post!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I could only smile when he said "don't be surprised when noone says hello when they meet you in the street".
    He must have thought it sounded like motivating threat to me.

It is surprising really that they think this emotional blackmail would work. Why would any intelligent person who leaves the 'truth' after finding out that it isn't actually true want to add insult to injury by wanting to return to the false friends who would so readily cut all ties and refuse to even say 'hello' simply because they have heard an announcement at the hall that the person is no longer a Jehovah's Witness without even being told a reason why.
    I'm glad you've escaped.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Pole,

First off congratulations! It does feel good to have closure doesn't it? Welcome to the land of the living!

I could only smile when he said "don't be surprised when noone says hello when they meet you in the street".

He must have thought it sounded like motivating threat to me.

15 years ago, it would have scared me. But I didn't know then what I know now about the bOrg. If that were said to me today, I'd have a hard time restraining the smiles or outright laughter. I guess my sadness over him actually believing the emotional blackmail would temper that a bit.

Andi

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

Congratulations, Pole. What a momentous day for you. I'm thrilled to hear you have gotten your family free before you left.

That elder is a piece of work!

• upside/down
    upside/down

What garybuss said...

Congrats...Bro!

u/d(of the you were one of the first people I "met" on JWD class)

• shera
    shera

YAY!!! Good for you!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Way to go Pole! Welcome to freedom.

GBL

• Quotes
    Quotes

Congratulations!

As for the Awake! presentation: Since you identified yourself as no longer a JW, he was able to COUNT HIS TIME. He just slipped in a magazine sale attempt in case anyone questioned him, he could say "well, I tried to witness to him...

~Quotes, of the "happy Scientific American reader" class

• Pole
    Pole

Thanks everybody again.

Gary,

My best deals in life are the bad deals I got out of. The Witnesses was a bad deal. Being out of it is a good deal.

Oh yes, the most emphatic way of describing doing my time as a JW would be "an interesting experience". Nice advice.

DannyBloem and google,

*applause* i'm so happy for you. hopefully i'll be able to post something similar sometime.

It takes some time, but from what I've read in your posts we share a lot of characteristics, so I'm sure you'll break free soon.

AK-Jeff

If your listed age is right, then you have a long life of freedom ahead. Go in peace....

Yes that's my age, . Enjoy your freedom too.

Jeffro,

Were they 'resplendent' water canals?

According to the brother, they were utterly replendent. lol

and refuse to even say 'hello' simply because they have heard an announcement at the hall that the person is no longer a Jehovah's Witness without even being told a reason why.

Yes. He actually emphasized there is no need to let brothers know if I was da'ed or df'ed. There will just be a "no longer a witless" announcement.

emma,

Congratulations. Your obvious happiness and peace was an excellent witness.

It may be just an impression, but after I some of my smiles at his "arguments" I could almost see fear in his eyes. And he reassured me that what I was saying had no impact on him. It was more like reassuring himself, because he used some very silly arguments. For instance, he said without access to the UN library the watchtower wouldn't have been able to produce such good articles for Awake! So I asked him: "How have they managed to write such resplendent articles after 2001?" And "is this why Awake is going monthly?" I don't think he got the irony.

ozzie,

Well done, Pole! A true exDub now, eh?

Most certainly

billygoat,

I'm not scared either.

TooOpinionated,

Congratulations, Pole. What a momentous day for you. I'm thrilled to hear you have gotten your family free before you left.

Yes three people altogether - they're not df-ed yet, but they could be anytime now.

Quotes,

As for the Awake! presentation: Since you identified yourself as no longer a JW, he was able to COUNT HIS TIME. He just slipped in a magazine sale attempt in case anyone questioned him, he could say "well, I tried to witness to him...

Ya know what. I thought about it and it's very likely. As I said it sounded so surreal that I can't think of any explanation.

Pole

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit