I'm an ex-dub as of tonight.

by Pole 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Pole
    Pole

I just want to let you know my updated status.
    Today I had another elder visit. Last time I had a call about a month ago. I haven't been to a meeting since last year.
    I told the elder I no longer consider myself a witness. Then we had a long discussion. He is a "nice" guy, if utterly brainwashed after 40+ years in the TROOF and his entire family on the dark side.
    I was totally peaceful and relaxed, smiling all the time. That is because I have been fading for so long that I could only smile when he said "don't be surprised when noone says hello when they meet you in the street".
    He must have thought it sounded like motivating threat to me. I know I may sometimes come across as arrogant on this board, but I had some really good relations with some young witnesses.
    Well, it didn't. I got my family out, so I'm fine. And my mental healing is more or less over. I owe a lot to reading this site as far as my initial recovery is concerned.
    In the end he told me he will inform the Service Committe of the congo of my decision tonight. I also asked him to call me tonight and confirm my disassociation.
    Then, jus tbefore leaving, he started telling me about some great Awake! article on some water canals to leave a nice impression, I guess. That was totally surreal. This guy is totally argument-proof. I guess I would have been the same a few years ago.
    We shook hands, he left. This is the official end of the JW chapter in my life.
    So thank you, JWD posters. You had a part in it too. Time to do something good for this wicked System of Things.
    Pole

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Alright! Keep smiling!

Kwin

• JH
    JH

You are now free as a bird Pole.

We shook hands

That always surprises me when an elder will shake hands with one who just quit the Org. It would be like an elder saying "Amen" after a Catholic priest would say a prayer.

Enjoy your freedom

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Thanks for sharing that with us. Im pleased it has all ended amicably for you. Congratulations!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Congrats, especially on retaining your family and your composure

The Awake! thing is a classic - LOL - talk about something coming out of field left!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Great news!!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

It is nice to see confirmation that a discussion board helps with the early stages of healing. I really appreciate your own contributions to the board. Your line of work has made you a marvellously logical thinker. You cut through to the meat of the matter very quickly.

Off-topic, nice new avatar there, pole. It looks so...so...powerful.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

congratiolations, it is a step I still have to face someday...

Enjoy the freedom

• Dimples
    Dimples

Congratulations..... Isn't it great to be free? Celebrate!

DIMPLES

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Congrats, Pole!

All things are good. Family is out, healing is going well.

If your listed age is right, then you have a long life of freedom ahead. Go in peace....

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit