I'm an ex-dub as of tonight.

by Pole 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I applaud your courageous stand. Best wishes.

• Mary
    Mary

Then, jus tbefore leaving, he started telling me about some great Awake! article on some water canals to leave a nice impression

Wow! That alone should have made you reconsider leaving!!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Congratulations, Pole!!!

• Pole
    Pole

Thank you so much, everyone! Since I'm no longer a dub I guess I have to try to be a nicer person.
    I'll start tomorrow since I'm still waiting for the official confirmation.
    HEHE
    Pol

• garybuss
    garybuss

Congratulations! All my best wishes.
    I had walked the white line for so long, the realization that I had nothing more to lose to the Jehovah's Witness people hit me as a pleasant surprise in 1995. Any Witness I once cared about was already shunning and snubbing me. I was already taking the worst they had to offer. There wasn't anything stopping me from telling my story except my own fear. So when I realized I actually didn't have any anything to fear, I went public.
    This isn't how I had imagined my life would play out, but it's all worked out for the best. My attitude towards the Witness people is, if they're nice, keep rapport, if they're mean, lock the door. Quite a few are mean, and they soon find out they have closed a door that is not going to open again for them.
    My best deals in life are the bad deals I got out of. The Witnesses was a bad deal. Being out of it is a good deal.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

*applause* i'm so happy for you. hopefully i'll be able to post something similar sometime.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Were they 'resplendent' water canals?

• Emma
    Emma

Congratulations. Your obvious happiness and peace was an excellent witness.

Emma

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    he said "don't be surprised when noone says hello when they meet you in the street".

He must have thought it sounded like motivating threat to me.

Stupidly they must think that there will be something for you to go back to! As if!

Well done, Pole! A true exDub now, eh?

• City Fan
    City Fan

Well done Pole!

Time to move on and start living.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit