I'm an ex-dub as of tonight.

by Pole 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

Thanks for sharing that with us Pole, and CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Hmmmm......Now that you are DF'd (not to be confused with defed) I'm not sure you and I can sit down for a meal. I wouldn't want to get the boot like poor Bro. Franz. Oh wait! That's right, I couldn't give 2 shites about these bastards.

LOL

Congrats!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Congrats Pole!

....and.... it just hit me why they've changed the announcement from saying df'ed or da'ed. With so many more people DA themselves anymore, it frightens them. I mean, if the rare person here or there DA's themselves, that's one thing, but if tons of people are doing it, and happy as can be when you see them next, well... better to have the congregation thinking they cheated on their wife.

• upside/down
    upside/down

6o9....Good point!

I never thought of it that way...

u/d (of the damage control class)

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

pole,

awesome man! congratulations!

i didn't read all the replies, but are you going to write a DA letter? if not for any other reason, then just for fun? my DA letter was only 3 sentences long. LOL. don't tell me you're too busy. (j/k) he he

anyways, good for you.

cheerio,

TS

• kls
    kls

Congratulations Pole

• luna2
    luna2

Congratulations, Pole! Interesting experience. At least your elder seemed to be trying to be reasonable...as reasonable as a person who has to uphold WTS garbage can be. I wouldn't doubt that he was afraid. I'm sure he was hoping not for gentle smiles but unhappiness and remorse on your part.

SixofNine...Good point. With just the "no longer one of JWs" announcement, the "friends" don't know how many are leaving of their own volition and how many are being kicked out for doing something wrong.

How did I not notice the rampant secrecy in this organization while I was in?

• Bryan
    Bryan

Congrat's Pole!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• willyloman
    willyloman

Pole: Nice work, man.

it just hit me why they've changed the announcement

Sure. It satisfies the Legal Department, and it makes elders' lives easier.

• Balsam
    Balsam

There is a huge feeling of liberation when one shakes of the shackles of religion no matter what has controlled us. Now we are truely responsible to ourselves to be the best kind of human being we can be. No one telling us we must do this or that. Taking back that control into our own hands is wonderful. I know I felt like I had shed a ton when I was liberated from the witnesses.

Balsam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit