Fawlty Towers

by Sunspot 43 Replies latest social entertainment

• gringojj
    gringojj

Andy, true Christians will heed my warning.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

People ask if I became qualified to be a Hotel Manager by taking college courses in Hospitality.

I always say, "No I did not take any Hospitality courses but I have seen every episode of Fawlty Towers!"

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Best FT line : "Look! I'm a doctor and I want my sausages"

Pope

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Love Fawlty Towers - John Cleese is still brilliant!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Felicity Kendall
    .... even in her snooty, upwardly mobile standoffishness, she was still, rather Sexy!!!

Ooops Now I am confused! Barbara was the one that lived on the "back-to-the-basics" starter farm, with Tom. She walked around in her "Wellies" and a less than glamorous wardrobe! I didn't see her as standoffish at all.

Her next door neighbor was the one who was always dashing off to the latest social events and do-good charities. She was always exasperated by Tom and Barbara's money-saving adventures that backfired 90% of the time!

Annie

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Confusedjw <------ Fawlty Towers Fan

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Confusedjw <------ Fawlty Towers Fan

AND................a Red Sox fan! It doesn't get any better!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

LOL Thanks.

I also like "Family Guy" and "The Blind Swordsman" movies on IFC

and apparently SUNSPOT Too!

• carla
    carla

I loved Fawlty Towers! You gentlemen should appreciate the 'light switch' episode!!! I love British humor. However some is a bit racy when the kids are in the room. Or maybe that's just American prudism! I would leave it on, but husband will switch things all the time, driving us crazy! BTW- just talked to someone who just got back from England, he says he never saw so many beautiful women in one place! (his wife didn't seem to appreciate that comment) carla

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Felicity Kendall
    .... even in her snooty, upwardly mobile standoffishness, she was still, rather Sexy!!!

Does anyone remember the Young Ones episode where Vivien tricked the washing machine into opening up for their smelly clothes with the line: "Oh look: All of Felicity Kendall's underwear; and it needs a good washing!"

I loved Fawlty Towers! You gentlemen should appreciate the 'light switch' episode!

That girl's Aussie accent was faker than the American's in the Waldorf Salad episode.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit