Fawlty Towers

by Sunspot 43 Replies latest social entertainment

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

My cheeks are hurting. I laughed so hard that I missed some of the precious fast moving dialogue! My PBS station has begun to rerun old "Fawlty Towers" programming!!!

Is anyone here as big a fan as I am of this hilarious show????

Annie

• karen96
    karen96

Never heard of it, what is it?

karen

• the_classicist
  • karen96
    karen96

Thanks, I like John Cleese, but never heard of this!

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hi Sunspot. I'm particularly fond of much of British humor, Fawlty Towers, as well as Monty Python's Flying Circus. British comedy is a bit more brasher than traditional American comedy. They are particullarly good at slapstick, and tounge in cheek. Hillarious, especially a lot of the men who are portrayed as women.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Fawlty Towers is very funny but my absolute favorite of all times is Absolutely Fabulous, aka AbFab! Brit humor is the best.

Sherry

• delilah
    delilah

My husband is a Fawlty Towers Fanatic....BASIL? BASIL?......I love her voice.....

• gringojj
    gringojj

British humor- Funny to a Christian?

There has been much buzz as of late about British shows such as Faulty Towers, Monty Python, etc. But with the subject matter that the producers hash out to get a quick laugh from the audience, a faithful Christian is wise to ask, "Is this really funny"? Let's apply bible standards. The Bible says that Jehovah does not like "unnatural acts". So, seeing as Jehovah hates homosexuals, surely he would not take kindly to men who dress like woman, much less the people who might find this brand of lewdness funny. So in light of this new information, a good Christian will realine his thinking with Jehovahs, and refrain from watching PBS.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Ohhh My Gawd, I think I just feathered somebody's bonnet

• Quentin
    Quentin

Fawltey Towers...there all funny...my favorite is the one with the rat...we have all e pisodes on tape...then there's Chef, Black Adder, Good Neighbors, To The Manor Born and Are You Being Served...Penelope Kieth always made my little heart go pitty patter...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit