Do you secretly wish for a demon attack - serious question

by stillajwexelder 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

Does any jw or ex-jw remember being told that while being a JW bad things may happen.. like demons tempting you etc. But if you were to leave or become weak in your faith and the bad things stopped that mean that Satan sees that you are coming to his side henceforth no need to tempt you??? (was that the correct usage for henceforth??)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes I have heard that from the platform quite few times

• burnieschick
    burnieschick

I don't believe in putting blame for evil in the world on the Devil/Satan is fair. Nor do I believe that all good is down to God. I think the human race should learn to accept that we are of two camps, good and bad. Evil in the world is created by man, and man alone, as is good. Obviously such things as earthquakes and landslides, floods and tornados etc are percieved as evil things too, but this is nature taking it's course. How can these things be blamed on any one person or spiritual being?

Acts of kindness and compassion are performed every day all around the world by Human Beings by their own free will, we just hear more about the evil acts performed by a small minority. I don't need any proof in the existence of a spiritual being, either good or bad, because I know I can be both if I choose to be. At the end of the day, we all know the difference between right and wrong, we just have to make the right choices. I certainly don't blame my mistakes and short-comings on anyone else.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

NO, but i'd love to chat with one, get the scoop on everything, what's the deal with this planet, what do you do for excitement. I never want to fight with anyone, but you gotta admit, to sit down and have lunch with a demon would be pretty cool, probaly get more answers from him then from God.

from the still searching class

run

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute
    demon attack= existence of devil= existence of God

i feel the exact same way... i have been considering trying a ouija board for a long time now just for that reason. but i'm still too scared to do it. BUT IM NOT AFRAID TO USE SMURFS ANYMORE!!!

bethel minute

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I suppose I want there to be a god so I have a chance no matter how remote of life after death

There could be life after death w/o a living god. For example, there could be a soul that remains alive in spirit or we could be reincarnated. Those things could be happening without a god directing the process. Anything's possible, really.

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

totally. I used to BEG for it. I wanted something, ANYTHING to prove to me that something was out there. my reasoning: if Satan exists, then Jehovah exists. nothing ever happened.

for a while, my mom thought my room was possessed by demons, but it turned out it was just squirrels had made a nest in the wall. sadly, I'm not joking.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I've told of my experiences on this forum but I was still new then and I was pretty much shot down, being told that there are rational explanations, and how powerful the mind is. Yes I do believe the mind is powerful...but can it conjure up all these things I've experienced.

Here is some of what has happend to me:

I was sleeping and awoke suddenly, 'something' didn't feel right. Sat up on bed & put my hands to my face & found it was wet. I tasted the wetness and it tasted like blood. So off I went to the toilet, switch on the light & the right side of my face had thick congealed blood on it. There is no marks on my face, nothing. We had a guy that was staying with us at that time & he was into tarot reading and that... I'm not saying it was becuase of him, but there was no logical explanation.

I've had my bed levitate off the floor & shake while being fully awake.

I've been awake and seen, what I would call a spirit beast, lying next to me & then pounce on me. Just calling on the name of Jehovah didn't help either. I had to pray. I still got up and checked the time on my mobile.

I've had a voice speak out of my own mouth that wasn't mine (by far the most ""scariest"")

Sure some can rationalise the squishing feeling, but how does one explain the other experiences. That is why I believe that the demons & Satan exist. I'm not afraid of them, I just know that they are out there operating.

Though I went through a short period of doubt about whether God existed, I have had truly felt his presence in my life, more so now that I left the mind set of JW behind and don't overanalyse anything. There are many experiences that I've had that proves to me there is a God becuase there is just no other explanation. And science can't explain it either.....

• defd
    defd

WHO in their RIGHT mind would want to be attacked by a Demon? Remember Job? He was attacked by a demon. Would anyone want to go through what he did? Anyway All of us here ARE under attack by the demons right now! The bible says we ALL have a fight......a spiritual one against the demons. If ANYONE knows this is should be stillaexelder

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    WHO in their RIGHT mind would want to be attacked by a Demon? Remember Job? He was attacked by a demon. Would anyone want to go through what he did? Anyway All of us here ARE under attack by the demons right now! The bible says we ALL have a fight......a spiritual one against the demons. If ANYONE knows this is should be stillaexelder

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Please stop throwing stones from the doorway of your glass house.

This post takes me back to my adventist youth. For goodness sake, there are no such things as demons, or fairies, or Santa-Claus! Yes, the Bible refers to demons, and I believe in the inspiration of Scriptures. But if you apply correct principles of biblical interpretation, you will find that demons are metaphor.

• Jesus always spoke in parables and constantly used hyperbole, likewise very little of the Old Testament is to be taken literally. We all have our demons, so to speak, but not the sort JWs imagine.

Do you ever wonder why nearly everything the watchtower taught (spiritual food) at the time of the alleged appointment in 1919 was completely wrong. Do you know what was in studies in the scriptures etc. I challenge you to read them online. Serious serious falsehoods....not just the false prophecies & predictions...Apologies, I'm off on one again. Time for bed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit