Do you secretly wish for a demon attack - serious question

by stillajwexelder 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus
    if I had a demon attack it would mean there was a Satan the Devil and if there was a Satan it would mean there was God.

Not necesarily. It would just mean that there are demons. Maybe demons created everything, or maybe they evolved w the universe as another life form. It could also mean that people carry on as spirits after body death. At any rate, it says nothing about gods and their natures.

S

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I think this sort of question could only come from a JW, SDA, Fundie or cultist (or former members). IMO Christianity and believing in demons are incompatible with each other. I had been taught about demons by adventists as a teenager - lol) I can see why a superficial and literalistic interpretation of Scriptures (specialities of the groups I mentioned) can lead to such nonsensical belief in demons. My own personal world view, includes a belief in God (but not in a literalistic sense) and the Bible, which in turn requires rejection of all superstition, including belief in Satan and demons. I believe we should reject superficial and literalistic descriptions of both God & Satan, and seek the spiritual truths. A good Bible commentary helps to give a range of interpretations. Even Christadelphians (the closest thing I have found yet to JWs and who influenced early JWs) don't believe the devil to be a fallen angel, but that this is just a type of parable for the type of evil that cn exist in the hearts of men. You could say the way God is sometimes portrayed is equally misleading, until we look deeper & see which parts of the Bible sublate (trump) the others.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I think I prefer staying ignorant.

cathy l.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Don't they say "be careful what you wish for"?

Tetra:
    A genuine question: Perhaps you wouldn't mind explaining why having other witnesses to the event would be "necessary" for you? I can understand why it would be desirable, but why necessary?

Also, how many witnesses and how many cameras? You do know that the whole group of you would be branded kooks, anyhow, yes?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

:Do you secretly wish for a demon attack - serious question

Yes. Yes I do. With all my heart and soul. This zen like tranquility is getting frickin' boring.

And I don't mean a brain fart either; "ooh, I saw me dead grandpa, he was eating toast, but him hair was on fire", I want a full on assault from evil satanic minions!

To quote the greatest American president currently in office, "bring 'em on".

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

But Six, would you want witnesses to the event of you getting your ass whooped by the invisible hoards of Satan?

Bwahahaha!!!

• Simon
    Simon
    Hey Simon!!!! Are you saying I'm a fictional creature?

<<<<<<<<<<<<Witch

No, I meant witches who can do magic - like the one in Narnia However, if you can magic up Nichole Kidman or an everlasting bottle of beer then I will be a believer

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

However, if you can magic up Nichole Kidman or an everlasting bottle of beer then I will be a believer I thought you were a Britney Spears fan Simon? The everalsting beer I agree with

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Hell no, I don't want to be under attack by anybody.

I missed only one thing about theism as my faith was collapsing: the feeling of being taken care of and safeguarded. A demon attack would do nothing to bring that back.

gently f eral

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

I am not trying to compete with FMZ as he has a supernatural thread going already but - Do you secretlyt wish for a demon attack - serious question - the reason I ask this is because - if I had a demon attack it would mean there was a Satan the Devil and if there was a Satan it would mean there was God.

What I am trying to say in a nutshell is "A demon attack would actually strengthen my faith" where at the moment it is non-existent almost

Yes, i used to think in this way also... its amazing, i had always thought that the thought was unique to me... The existance of anything spiritual that i could actually sence, would confirm at least one aspect of the teachings i had recieved, and thereby act as a domino effect to bring me at least mentally under the protection of Jehovah.

When i come to think of it now, even at the age of 8 and 9 i had thoughts like this, showing that even at that age i just wasn't recieving enough solid proof, i was not able to build my faith, and i didnt know how to because faith was being assured of something not beheld, not seen, felt or senced in any way. Even though my family has been a bulwark of the congregation for many years and we never "forsook" and open family study based on the bible reading portion, i was always confused as to how i couldn't build my faith. Everything else was so easy, the love, the joy, the hope, the long-suffering and the mildness, etc... It was just the faith that eluded me... It just goes to show...

I prayed and prayed fervently to Jehovah to give me strength... i read and re-read the gospels, the epistles and the psalms in conjunction with my normal bible reading... i prayed to "Jehovah" and then apologised if i was addressing him in the wrong way; at one point i even addressed him as something like "Dear Heavenly Father, Jehovah, or Yahweh my Creator and my God", i stated that i hoped i hadn't offended him in my prayer and that he could see that my heart was open and that i was genuine.

I asked him forgiveness if he deemed me audacious for asking for a "sign" like the crowd that listened to Jesus did, but i also asked him if i was being unreaonable in expecting to experience something before believing it, and if i was unreasonable or audacious, for him to please change my thought pattern so it can be in line with what he thought of as submissive. (I never believed that submissiveness was just accepting being spoon-fed, without at least inquiring, after all that is what the other churches do, don't they?)... I asked him for compassion and mercy, and most of all for faith, so that i could worship him with the strength and conviction as i saw others worshipping him. i tried absolutely everything...

It wasn't until my mid-to-late teens that i actually wished the demons would just attack me and get it over with, that i'd be able to see some unexplained levitation or even that a demon could strangle me at night so that i could shout out "JEHOVAH!!!", and he would be with me and protect me and bring about a peace in me that would stregthen my faith... I prayed to God to stop protecting me, just for even a moment, so that i could see their evil... I tried talking to Jesus once, and made it clear that it wasn't a prayer of worship, just a few words of gratitude. At another point in my late teens i prayed directly to Jesus... (My faith was totally shipwrecked long before i even got a chance to pray to Satan the Debbil for the same thing)... I looked and looked for a way, even a subtle way in which my prayer could have been answered, but nothing happened, all i got was the typical legalism of the Watchtower... and Jehovah lost a sheep... so much for leaving the 99 and looking for the one...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit