Do you secretly wish for a demon attack - serious question

by stillajwexelder 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Defd: Try not to be afraid of the invisible, made-up boogeymen; they can't hurt you, dear one, as they do not exist.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    I once woke pinned to my bed, couldnt move for what seemed like several minutes so assumed it was a demon

My ex boyfriend, who was catholic had that happen, but while he was pinned down, he was hit in the face. He said the room sounded like a loud bee hive, the cross on the wall fell off, and he saw the guy that was hitting him. When he could move, he checked the whole house out, and no one there. This went on for several nites, along with the furniture being re aranged, tv coming on by itself, all the lights on when he go up. Then he saw the guy, and was looking at him while being pinned down, and the guys head blew off, like a shot gun did it. He asked around the complex, and found out some guy was murdered with a shot gun in his apartment. After about a week, he had his placed blessed, and it stopped. And one of his friends dropped him off one night after work, she called and asked if he was ok. She said she saw a man in his apartment looking out the window. But no one was there. Freaky! Demon or a dead person? I have had wierd things happen that were unexplainable, but nothing like that. Nor would I want that to happen to me either!

• Es
    Es

I think even tho it would scare the crap out of me i would almost welcome an attack just to know that yes they are real.I have a very active imagination and after watching scary movies and demonic movies i worry bout the demons, and it would be nice to know that yes my worry is valid or im just being an idiot. es

• freedom96
    freedom96

I would not wish for a demon attack, but I can understand the desire to have questions answered. As talked about in another thread, I did experience a "ghost" encounter for almost 10 years. Though I don't believe it was a demon, it was not of this world as we know it. That, in a strange way did enhance my belief that there is in fact more to life than we know.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    i have been considering trying a ouija board for a long time now just for that reason. but i'm still too scared to do it.

bethel minute,

go ahead and use it. there is nothing to fear.

first try it regularly. you may be spooked, i was.

secondly, try it blindfolded (with someone else doing nothing but recording answers). let me know what you find. i did this, and i was surprised by what i found.

dfed,

WHO in their RIGHT mind would want to be attacked by a Demon? Remember Job? He was attacked by a demon. Would anyone want to go through what he did?

after reading this, i have changed my answer:

Do you secretly wish for a demon attack?

yes i sincerely do. life would be so much simpler. kind of like yours.

TS

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    secondly, try it blindfolded (with someone else doing nothing but recording answers). let me know what you find. i did this, and i was surprised by what i found.

I tried that at 13, and it moved, but I thought my girlfriend was pushing it, so I didnt believe it. What did you find? what did it spell?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    I tried that at 13, and it moved, but I thought my girlfriend was pushing it, so I didnt believe it. What did you find? what did it spell?

okay okay, if you insist.

it spelled absolute gibberish for every question, on a few different occasions that i tried it blindfolded. it could not even give a definitive yes/no answer, but always seemed to end up on the Oujia logo in the centre (friend did not allow me to feel where the edges of the board were).

i have also observed others playing the board unblindfolded, and observed how their imaginations make up for gaps in the play that make no sense at all.

and really, this whole Oujia board phenomenon, is just another version of the initial question asked on this thread. do you wish for a demon attack?

some answered that yes, because it would mean that there is some great supernatural drama unfolding as per the bible.

it could be re-phrased: do you secretly wish the Oujia board was actually being guided by a spirit creature?

i have sound reason to believe that a lot of the Oujia board phenomenon is wishful thinking at it's finest. after all, the implications are the same as the demon attack. we are NOT alone . how reassuring.

• rem
    rem

It's amazing how many demon attacks can be explained by sleep paralysis. It has happened to me too. Seems real, seems like you are awake, but you're not. Hallucinations are common. It can be very scary.

http://skepdic.com/sleepparalysis.html

http://www.stanford.edu/~dement/paralysis.html

rem

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

defd said WHO in their RIGHT mind would want to be attacked by a Demon? Remember Job? He was attacked by a demon. Would anyone want to go through what he did? Anyway All of us here ARE under attack by the demons right now! The bible says we ALL have a fight......a spiritual one against the demons. If ANYONE knows this is should be stillaexelder Me - if I experienced one I swear to you by Jehovah I would leave this board and become a loyal JW again

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Stilla:

if I experienced one I swear to you by Jehovah I would leave this board and become a loyal JW again

Why that paradigm? Are they the only group, to your mind, that believe in demons? Just trying to understand your reasoning...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit