Do you secretly wish for a demon attack - serious question

by stillajwexelder 65 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

why run back to JWs'??? I mean for all you know they might be the home of the demons.... My experiences contined to happen up until 6 months ago, my last effort to break free from that organisation. Now that I'm free of them, and recognise what satan & his demons are about I've conquered them. Demons/satan cannot exist where 'light' is - "a kingdom divided against itself cannot stand" (I'm talking from a spiritual point of view as one still believing in God)

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I find this whole thread scary!

scary that any grown ups believe in demon attacks, I had never even heard of the term until I came on JWD. I must lead a sheltered life.

Come on demons - see if you can scare me...I dare you! Aha, just as I thought, the demons are scared of me, and so they should be, they wouldn't like me when I'm angry!

(sorry if my flippancy offends, no doubt some will similarly laugh at my Christian beliefs)

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Perhaps if you experienced it you'd believe.

The proof is in the pudding so "they" say.

• Pole
    Pole

Yes, I secretly wish for a succubus attack.
    Seriously though, I don't care. It's a non-issue for me.
    Pole

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Loubelle,

Perhaps if you experienced it you'd believe.

Where does the notion come from? JWs? the Bible? people's experiences?

I have experienced strange phenomena occasionally in my life at times, and even if something in the future feels like a demon attack, I would not believe. I would however believe I had experienced something I could not explain, perhaps my imagination filling in the gaps...but I would not believe in superstition.

I could not bring myself to believe it when I was an atheist/agnostic. And I believe in such superstition even less now since I have rekindled my interest in Scriptures and Christianity. I don't think its possible to believe in Christ and demons, is it?

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Pole bet me to it!

I wish a well hung deemun would come in the night and show me a what they consider a good time in deemunland.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit