Do you secretly wish for a demon attack - serious question

by stillajwexelder 65 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

I don't have any problems believing in the existence of God but I can see your point that there is a very positive aspect in knowing that demons do exist because it proves that contrary to what the atheists firmly believe there are invisible intelligent creatures out there that can and do interact with humans, destructively in this case.

Elsewhere isn't there a branch of science dealing with the paranormal?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

As scientific knowledge has increased through the ages, surprise surprise, the frequency of reported 'demon' stories has decreased. Many supposed cases of demonic possession through the ages could be explained by hysteria or by drug induced states, by ingestion of substances such as ergot (a fungus that grows on rye) that has effects very similar to LSD.
    That aside, assuming a 'demon attack' type event occurred, on what basis would you know it to be a 'demon' rather than other fictional entities such as an alien, a ghost, or David Hasselhoff's acting career.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

How would you know that it was a demon unless it said, "I'm a demon and I'm attacking you! Boogedy boogedy!"

I believe it's possible that some sorts of 'spirits' are walking amongst us, but that doesn't necessarily make anything written in the bible any more true.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    What I am trying to say in a nutshell is "A demon attack would actually strengthen my faith"

Which is exactly the reason that the WTS makes such a big deal about demon attacks. JW's who perceive that they have been attacked by demons actually have their faith in the organization strengthened, because it was, of course, the org that warned them about it in the first place. Even though they claimed that the purpose of demon attack was to weaken our faith and drive us away from Jehovah, I never heard of a single case where that happened in 30 years in the org. Every person I knew who had allegedly been attacked by demons had his or her faith strengthened. If the demons were as smart as the WTS makes them out to be, they'd leave the dubs alone - or at least try to get them through various temptations, which seem to work much better.

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

jwfacts- i have had the pinned to my bed experience.

I have also had one incident that could not be explained away. However my parents just said it was my imagination.

I have also had things happen that were good. Like an unexplained need to buy a certain book when under normal circumstances i would have never gotten it ( too thick.. not a mystery..etc). When reading the book saved me from an abusive relationship.

I was scared to death of an actual " hi im a demon" experience. But in a way wished it would happen to prove to others that it does happen.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am still coming to terms with what i now believe. I have read some interesting books on Psychics my white witch receptionist gave me that were very interesting.
    One thing that is a common believe is that there is a message in coincidences. Intuition does have something going for it. If it has a positive effect on your life it does not have to be evil demons. There is a possibilty we are all interconnected in some way.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

that's a good question stilla,

if i suffered from an attack, that i could credibly identifiy as a demon attack, and there were other witnesses to my demon attack, it would change the way i see the universe drastically, yes. i can't honestly say that it wouldn't. it would mean that i am not alone in a cold dark universe. that i am special. that i am not ultimately responsible for trying to do something about human problems. etc etc.

but i don't secretly wish for one. it's like wishing for a sign from god. that's really what it would boil down to. of course, none are forthcoming.

TS

• Legolas
    Legolas

NO. It would scare the sh*t out of me. NOT that I am saying to do this but have you ever tried a Quija(spelling ?) board? Or look into unexplaned things? In my opinion there has to be something going on, like I said in another thread I know people who have had things happen to them, not to mention all the hundreds of thousands even millions of people who swear things have happened to them.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Satan and his demon hordes are part and parcel of the Christian (and Judeo Islamic) Deity structure.You cannot have one without the other. As the lyric goes,"i swear there ain't no heaven but i pray there ain't no hell". Don't forget all destructive cults instill boogieman phobias. BTW i once had full blown audio/visual hallucinations from an alcohol detox and that was just what it was chemically induced hyperactive brain cells. What a trip (pink elephants) footnote:What are demons made of?Their profile:they are pure demented psychopaths who crave anything carnal,remember they asked to be sent into the herd of swine. I am denouncing the God of the Watchtower (satan) and i have never been bugged by the demons.Why?Saint James said,"oppose the devil and he will flee from you". You demon bullys want to pick a fight with me?Come and get it! Danny Haszard has NO FEAR

• joelbear
    joelbear

i used to have numerous nightmares about demon attacks. when i stopped believing in demons, the nightmares also stopped.

no such thing as demons.

nature is all.

there is nothing supernatural anymore than there is a superman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit