Do you secretly wish for a demon attack - serious question

by stillajwexelder 65 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am not trying to compete with FMZ as he has a supernatural thread going already but - Do you secretlyt wish for a demon attack - serious question - the reason I ask this is because - if I had a demon attack it would mean there was a Satan the Devil and if there was a Satan it would mean there was God.

What I am trying to say in a nutshell is "A demon attack would actually strengthen my faith" where at the moment it is non-existent almost

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If such a thing actually occurred it would open up an entirely new field of physics, science and research.

• rebel8
    rebel8

My question is, why do you want your faith in god to be strengthened (if that's what you meant)? Does having faith in god make you feel good in some way? I'm asking because it never did for me.

I think I'd much rather have actual scientific proof or be an eye witness to proof of god than to be attacked by demons.

• JH
    JH

I think that demons want to be invisible to most of us, so that we don't think that they exist, thus God not existing.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I'd be happy with anything, just some sign that there is really God or Satan besides just blaming them for everything good or bad respectively.

I really have a hard time thinking if everything is going good for me, that means God is happy, or if everything is bad, then Satan is trying to get me.

WLG

• Quotes
    Quotes

Interesting question.

I would *LOVE* to have some sort of supernatural encounter. Almost had one once, but I quickly found a rational explaination -- and felt pretty silly at the end!

I would note, IMO, your logic is flawed. If you experienced a "demon attack", that would prove the existence of demons -- and nothing more (actually, it might just be the result of Sleep Paralysis and be a figment of one's confused brain). True, if there were "spirits" then there could be more spirits of varying degrees (i.e. Satan, God) but you would still not have proof of Satan & God.

For example, what if these Demons encounted are the ONLY spirits (i.e. no angels, no Satan, no God)? What if they invented the concept of God and Satan (in the same way that I believe that humans invented God and Satan)???

Having proof of the existence of Demons does not prove the existance of any other spirit creatures... IMO

~Quotes, of the "Careful with logic" class

• luna2
    luna2

Believing in God or Satan is a comfort in many ways. You have an explanation for much of the evil in the world (Satan) and a hope for something better, either on earth or after death (God). Without them, it's all just us human beings. We are the evil as well as our only hope for the future. Kind of scary.

• Sirona
    Sirona

One doesn't have to believe in Satan to believe in God. Just my 2p.

Sirona

• potleg
    potleg

Would it strengthen your faith in God or the Watchtower Society. If God exists is the WTS his org?

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Here's an interesting concept, one with which you may not agree:

This whole Christian concept of a bad guy named Satan is really just a copout. By creating a scapegoat, some invisible spirit we can blame whenever stuff goes wrong or we misbehave, we've just absolved ourselves of responsibility. Maybe, just maybe, he's never existed, and we're the ones in control of our morality. Therefore, we're responsible to control our actions, and we can't blame this invisible boogy-man every time we screw up.

Please understand, I'm not trying to attack you, or your faith. I'm just throwing this idea out there as something to consider.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit