Jehovah's Witnesses as "a people......"

by ScoobySnax 53 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Who out of all you nasty old apostates (tm) will agree with me, that if you take the GB that you dislike so much, and the Watchtower that you hate out of the picture, will agree with me that at the end of the day, and on the whole, JW's really are a good bunch of people. I did my same old rekky last sunday at the Gillingham convention, and will have a good look around next Sunday at Twickenham Convention. I've been in lots of crowds, at stadiums and arenas, but an assembly is something else, it is somehow unique, its somehow different from any other crowds, there is a deep sense of "togetherness" I've not see any where else. You can strip everything else away from the Witnesses, but I don't think you can take that away.

What do you think......?

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Um, that's why people join cults, for a sense of identity and togetherness.

I had this sense of being in a special group as a JW child. But the attitude at conventions I go to today reminds me more of a business meeting no one wants to be at.

Also, beware of the friendly face. Bring up "apostate" information or rebut the FDS and watch the change.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Um Ezekiel........ you missed my point. But thanks for your viewpoint.

• kls
    kls

Scoob , i understand what you are asking but you can't take wt out when being with a jw because they are the wt and not who they pretend to be.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

but kls, I don't "pretend" to be anyone other than me. I'm me. thats all. I'm sure most others there would agree. They are the them off there own backs. Individuals. No?

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Good people? I don't know. Some yes...the majority...nope.
    Tell them you are gay and watch how fast they dispise you Scooby.

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

I know what you are saying, Scooby, but our perspectives are different, I think. Actually, you sound a bit wistful,(IMHO) like you really, really want what you say to be true. Everything is so bittersweet in this cult.

From my perspective, I can't get past the whole child abuse issue and the way the adult JW's act. No one will stand up in public and say the 2 witness rule is wrong, and demonized the ones who do. I feel every JW that does not speak out is an accessory to child rape, and I can't get past the conditional, fake, sugar coated "niceness".

I know this seems severe and that I only see things in "black and white", but I can't help it. When I think of those conventions and assemblies, I just see robots in their Sunday go-to-meeting clothes.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

<<<<< knowing he's just opened a BIG home goal....Doh!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Once you take out the pedophiles, the liars, the cheaters, the people who take advantage of the weak mined ones, the better than thou's, the ones making a profit off of the org, and those who look the other way...

Yea, those people that are left are pretty good folks.

WLG

• kls
    kls
    but kls, I don't "pretend" to be anyone other than me. I'm me. thats all. I'm sure most others there would agree. They are the them off there own backs. Individuals. No?

Scoob, you are not a jw through and through. You have your own thoughts outside the wt but many jw don't and every emotion and thought is taught through the wt ,is that not so?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit