Jehovah's Witnesses as "a people......"

by ScoobySnax 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Ellie
    Ellie

No, I dont agree that they are a good bunch of people, they may behave themselves while out at an assembly but this is all fake, they do it to give a good witness.

Behind closed doors they are a bunch of child beating, self righteous hypocrites not worthy of anyones respect.

• greendawn
    greendawn

My impression was that they were a soulless lot of people without any real feelings any real depth and could never feel part of them. They can't be natural human beings given the indignities they have to suffer at the hands of the FDS and the negative destructive image they have of God. There are however some nice people among them.

• Pole
    Pole

Some JWs must be good people. However, there is nothing genuine about their "sense of togetherness" as you put it.
    As EF pointed it out, this feeling is totally conditional. Your best witness friend starts shunning you the moment you question the authority of a bunch of old men in Brooklyn.
    What's so special about this? Typical cult mechanism.
    Pole

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I take some solace in the fact that they genuinely believe that they are doing God's work and they really don't know any better. As pathetic as they are, I really don't think they do what they do to be malevolent.

• blondie
    blondie

Hey, scooby, aren't you the self-avowed practicing gay guy, and I don't mean happy.

All the JWs I have ever known in all 50 states, and 20 countries, would toss you out on your ear and the others would support it. If you convinced them you weren't practicing, they would make sure they never touched you, never sat on a seat you sat on without disinfecting it, never touch the door knob at the KH right after you without using a hankerchief, etc. I knew JWs that would never work a territory of "those people."

Sure individual JWs might have redeeming qualities but

They agree with an organization that teaches it members to shun friends and family who were JWs.

They agree with an organization that teaches that anyone who isn't a dedicated, baptized JW is going to die forever, no resurrection, at Armageddon, and their minor children including babies, too.

The ones with a good heart will eventually not be able to tolerate the lies and lack of love taught from the top and leave. And they learn about the lies on the Internet. I did and then confirmed it in their own publications.

Glad to hear you had a nice trip. Still trying to live in LaLa land though or is it the Land of Denial.

Blondie

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Behind closed doors they are a bunch of child beating, self righteous hypocrites not worthy of anyones respect

Ellie next time, dont beat around the bush...tell us how you really feel!

Excellent point though, for the most part the 'good witness' is all surface level and superficial...like most JW personalities really...the sensible and normal ones escape.

DB74

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    on the whole, JW's really are a good bunch of people. I did my same old rekky last sunday at the Gillingham convention, and will have a good look around next Sunday at Twickenham Convention. I've been in lots of crowds, at stadiums and arenas, but an assembly is something else, it is somehow unique, its somehow different from any other crowds, there is a deep sense of "togetherness" I've not see any where else.

I agree that JWs are good people. But you are so wrong about the assemblies being unique and different from other crowds.

When I was an SDA, a religion bigger than JWs, with a better track record for world missionary work, the same sort of atmosphere prevailed. We would go door-to-door in the host city from attendees from all over the world.

I have less direct experience of many Christian religions with similar 'unique' togetherness. The main difference can be heard in the singing! Not to mention the uncionditional love in other Christian conventions, where apostates are welcomed back with open arms.

JWs believe they are blessed, mainly because of ignorance of what other Christians do. Who do you think interpreted the Bible into 2000 languages, and made new ground in new countries. Not the JWs!

• Legolas
    Legolas

I believe there are good and bad people in ALL religions.

• georgefoster
    georgefoster

jws seem to be nice people as a whole. However, my jw wife, who appears to be a nice person, is actually a cruel, bitter, judgmental, vindictive bitch toward me. So, until you live with someone, you don't know anything.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I agree that many jws i've known are nice people, but the leadership is a lying, thieving bunch of hypocrites who rule those they ensnare by fear and intimidation. They wouldn't know an act of love if it hit them in the face, so how anyone can enjoy being around people like that is beyond me.

Dedpoet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit