Jehovah's Witnesses as "a people......"

by ScoobySnax 53 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

Snax wrote: "but an assembly is something else,"
    I'd have to agree! I especially thought it was "something else" when two assembly attendants belly pushed me and my 3 year old son with a roll of Rainbow Lifesavers in his little hand away from a stocked, working, vending machine with a butcher paper magic marker OUT OF ORDER sign scotch tapped to it. That was neat!

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

yes scoob, your observations are correct. they are marching along as mindless robots thinking they are winning points toward survival of the great tribulation and armageddon. no initiative nor individualism. Quite obedient to the outside observer, just do not look under the covers...!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

You said there was "a togetherness you have not seen anywhere else". Yeah unless your the odd man out then you get treated like garbage. Nothing like an entire assembly hall full of people who won't talk to you because you don't think like they do. It always makes me feel so special!

• kls
    kls
    <<<<< knowing he's just opened a BIG home goal....Doh!

Scoob , think you asking a real question with real thought but as i live with a jw i can see the training in him ,and the reasons for his personality. I knew him before the jws and i know him now ,and i can tell you it is all wt training and not them.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Yes thats all true, and I know I have my own issues, for Gods sake I live them day in day out! But I just wanted you to try and "see" what I see. I can sit there in a stadium full of people and can see whats in front of my eyes, of course in my case it might not be translated into the same at a KH if they knew. BUT , I was just saying, in that example, you cannot knock them as a group. I watched really closely. and there is a genuine love amongst them. I've never seen that in other group en mass.

• kls
    kls
    I watched really closely. and there is a genuine love amongst them. I've never seen that in other group en mass.

Scoob that maybe ( their group ) it's like their own race and if you are not a part of it you are nonexsistant.

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

Sorry Scoob but it is your 'wanna be' imagination. Those people are hateful, judgmental, lying, and hoping to save their own asses. I speak from 30 yrs of experience with them. OH! did I mention, self righteous? and putting on a show for observers such as yourself???

• garybuss
    garybuss

"you cannot knock them as a group"
    I stood at a circuit assembly in Sioux Falls trying to pick up my wife for dinner and 1,000 out of 1,002 filed right past me without even a nod. I knew a lot of em. 30 of em were my relatives. I guess, I'll knock that group if you don't mind.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Scooby! There isn't REAL love amongst them. If they had REAL love would they wouldn't shun you for whom you love. They would LOVE you STILL!!! You are struggling for UNCONDITIONAL love....YOU AREN'T GOING TO GET IT.
    My parents struggle against knowing their son is gay with the dogma the JW's preach. This same evil, wicked son that just so happens to buy them computers, cars, and plane tickets. NO ONE in the KH helps them out at all. Yet I will never have true UNCONDITIONAL love from them until they escape the myth.
    It's a thin veneer of pleasantness that they are showing! They have a commonality amongst themselves...that is all. Go to a conference of local businessmen, doctors, or buddhists....you will find the same pleasantness with them.
    I'm not trying to beat up on you Scooby just trying to shake your theory a bit. You are hoping to see something that isn't there. Perhaps you haven't fully shakin off all the vestiages of the JW dogma?

• kls
    kls
    My parents struggle against knowing their son is gay with the dogma the JW's preach. This same evil, wicked son that just so happens to buy them computers, cars, and plane tickets. NO ONE in the KH helps them out at all. Yet I will never have true UNCONDITIONAL love from them until they escape the myth.

Sorry Evil , to bad that don't know what a really great person you are ,,,,,,,What a loss for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit