JWD Awards??

by RichieRich 189 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

So, i was thinkin, and got hit with a good idea.

Everyone whos been here for more than a week has posters that they love, and posters that they loathe. Some make laugh, some make us cry, and some drive us right up the wall...

So to honor that, I think we should have some sort of JWD Award session... (Should Simon approve)

First, we should have several categories, ones that we can vote for, not things like "most posts ever" which aren't opinion matters...

I'm thinking...

Funniest Poster

Most Insightful Poster

The Poster that you Love to Hate

Longest / Most Intricate Poster

Poster you'd Like to -

Screw

Scream at

go on Vacation with

Sit at the DC with.

So maybe Simon would be willing to put in a little section so we can get categories and nominees squared away, and then vote, to be auto-tallied. Then the winner could / would have another little icon put in there space on the side here that says like "Winner, Most Insightful JWD Poster, 2005".

Anyone with me?

Category ideas?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

lol

Most Often Wrong

Uses the most Emoticons

Most likely to run from a fight

Most likely to miss the point entirely

Most likely to cry 'no fair' in a fight

Most likely to lock a thread (special classification for forum assistants... lol)

Sweetest

Meanest

Worst/Best Attitude

Most Poignant

Worst Speller

Most likely to quote a source out of context

Cutest

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Now that's what I'm talking about!!

• Frog
    Frog

This could get outta hand, how bigs this section gonna be?! Although it sounds fun, and I don't want to be a kill-joy but personally I don't think we should rate posters. Like you said Richie we all have posters that we relate more too, and it's not always the person with the most eloquent prose or the best witt, that strikes a cord with you. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd hate to see the board turn into a popularity contest. It would make JWD then seem too exclusive and clicky for newbies who really need to join in here. Just my 2 Froggy cents! Frog x

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Post 522 of 522
    since 20-Jan-05

26 y
    Birthday!

Happy Birthday, girl.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Richie, you are definitely one of the noticed ones.

• Frog
    Frog

Thanks flyinghigh:)...don't want to hijack this thread for my birthday, plan on starting an exclusive one of my own hehe! Not sure what timezone you're in, but my b'days not for another 8.5hrs yet!!...the excitement is building, I just luuuuuv birthdays, they're just so self-indulgent hehe. Frog xx

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

You mean like the JWD Oscars?

Ok - poster I'd LEAST like to holiday with is Artful Dodger - as he hasn't a clue where France is, gawd help us if he ever attempted somewhere more exotic, like Scunthorpe.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Most nudity in an comedic underage posting.

And the Simon goes to...

RichieRich! ( And the orchestra plays...)

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Oooh, Ezekiel. I think nominations for ''Sexiest Avatar'' and ''Best Newcomer'' would be appropriate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit