Inappropriate "shepherding" calls.

by avishai 64 Replies latest jw friends

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

The last shepherding call made to us was probably around five years ago. It was supposed to take no more than an hour. It lasted four hours! I was soooo tired! They had the nerve to close with a prayer, asking Jehovah to help us with our "unresolved issues." These two brothers weren't prepared for us at all. I think they needed to pray for themselves and the confusion they had.

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor
    whats higher than a zone overseer?

Twighlight zone overseer?

LOL, cracking me up...

I know of a 35 y/o elder who was "shepherding" a 16 y/o girl after her father committed suicide... within the year he'd left his wife, gotten DFed and when his divorce was final he married the 16 y/o and got reinstated. I think he's an elder again.

(This was my ex-husband's uncle.)

• love11
    love11

I never have recieved a 'shepherding' call! Not that I want any! But, apparently I'm supposed to be worse than a disfellowshipped person, I'm an apostate, so maybe they figured to stay away from my satanic house. LOL Gimme a break!

Maybe that has been my only saving grace on why they haven't bothered me! hehe

The funny thing is how I got this reputation. My husband's business partner was a big time christian and he gave my husband some copies of several Watchtower and Awake publications and underlined the jw's own literature with a highlighter to show me their contradictions, false information, and false prophecies. At the time I was still very naive, and I showed my mom all of the jw literature to ask her if she knew about all of this. Big mistake! She started accusing me of reading apostate literature and that I was now an apostate because I believed it. Funny thing was, all of those copies were copied right out of the WT and Awake magazines! I guess reading their literature makes you an apostate! LOL

Oh well, it was a blessing in disguise!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Big Dog,

Very Big Dog,

Perfect!!!!!!!!!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

What does a Bull dog do when it gets pissed off?????

• Frog
    Frog

last knock I got on the door was from the CO and his wife, the same couple that "brought my parents into the truth" 20something years before. It was like 9am on a Saturday morning, and my then b/friend was walking around the apartment in nil attire, yeash! I managed to put them off, by promising to attend the PT the next Sunday that he was giving, needless to say I didn't attend...frog x

• Es
    Es

Not that any inappropriate behaviour has happened, but a couple of months ago the elders wanted to come around and i specifically said no. So what happens two weeks later they are at my door right on dinner time. They are so inconsiderate. es

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

My stepdad left my mom and took 3 of my siblings to California several years after I left home. Mom had severe clinical depression. Although at the time I didn't know what it was. The elders, or no one, came to make sure she was ok. It was like they blamed her.

Now she's reinstated, lives in an old mobile home, with holes in it. Barely makes it. No one really checks on her. Except for meetings and work, she can't make herself leave her house. Do you think any of the elders or anyone sees about her? I thought they were to take care of their "own". What a crock of shit.

Oh, she lives in Hallsville, MO and goes to the Columbia, MO congregation. That's for you lurkers. I'd get on the phone to them, cause I do plan on making their life hell when I go visit!!

shelley

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

When my mum and dad split up, dad left home and moved to South America. They were both still witnesses, neither wanted to leave the truth or remarry, so there was no wrongdoing at all, they just couldnt live in the same house anymore (CrazyBlonde - I feel for you, cos my mum too was severely depressed all her life - maybe we should talk).

The elders couldnt handle the fact that there was nothing to reproove. They used to hang round our house like flies round shit. Naturally my dad stood down from being an elder cos it was wrong to leave your family, but there was nothing more they could get mum or dad on.

Eventually dad met someone and wrote to mum that she had scripural grounds for divorce if she wanted to. She started divorce proceedings so dad could remarry and the elders were hounding her again, and said "you do know the only grounds for divorce are adultery dont you" - they implied it was my mum, cos dad was held in very high esteem as an elder and I guess they just couldnt imagine it would be dad. They harrassed mum for details. Being severely depressed she struggles with human contact at all let alone giving sex details about herself. She was genuinely suecidal.

Then one day an elder turns up on his own to counsel her about getting divorced. After a while he says what would you say if I kissed you? and proceeds to kiss her. After he had gone she was utterly depressed for ages, and didnt dare tell anyone. Turns out all this sheperding was just because he fancied her

Sad thing is mum is really attractive (still) but because of her issues she has never remarried, or even dated a man or even had a coffee with one in a public or private for the 18 years since dad left. They had no idea how to care for her in her worst times.

• zagor
    zagor
    How many have recieved calls by the elders that were under the guise of "shepherding", but somehow inappropriate, i.e, you were a woman alone with only one elder showing up, or you felt physically intimidated by both.

My sis who is still a dub recently had a visit by two elders. She was alone and they knew she would be alone. They wanted to come inside but she wouldn't let them which they apparently "couldn't understand"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit