Inappropriate "shepherding" calls.

by avishai 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Preston
    Preston
    The brothers felt I should be aware of this, as my daughter's having such literature in my home could leave me vunerable to demonic attack! and that because of her age it wasn't to late to change her (I guess they feel you choose your sexual orientation instead of being born to it) I calmly explained that I purchase and/or pay for all of my daughter's books of Wicca, homosexuality and anything else she might choose to read and that she was only repeating what she had heard at home.

Soooo, I guess I have not really faded quietly and will probably be hearing from the JC .....I don't think I'll be going to any meetins with them...I'll just let them DF me by proxy.

That's some balls Carol

- Preston

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

They have never come to me. Came to my Mom once. Never to my brother. I am going outside to thank my lucky stars now. :-)

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

i never got one either and it didn't take them long to make the announcement at the hall. im pretty sure they wanted me out

• Gordy
    Gordy

Never mind "inappropriate" shepherding calls, what about getting ANY calls. Especially at a time when you needed them.

After a breakdown (acute clinical depression) and attempted suicide. Not one Elder came to me and said "We'll help you get over it andback on your feet"

Instead they had me leave home as I was a "spiritual danger" to the family. Move to another congregation.

In the three years I was still attending meetings until I stopped going. I did not receive ONE shepherding call.

Two years after stopping going to meetings, finding out the "truth" about the WT and becoming a Christian.

Two Elders turned up at my house. I was not in my DA'd son was, said they would return some time.

Discovered that they were calling on "inactive" ones to get them back because numbers had fallen off.

This made me mad. That in all the previous years when they should have been giving help and support, I never saw one of them.

Now when they want me back to make up the numbers they are round as quick as anything.

That was what finally made me disassociate. Even though it cost me any contact with my JW wife and two JW daughters, who I have seen or spoken to in 4 years now.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Do they still do such things as shepherding calls?

My wife had one visit when she joined her current congo,some years back . Sort of a welcome and lets get to know you..Since then nothing... despite times of illness and missing meetings Nobody wants to know these days. And they wonder why people stop going......

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

So many of you have had such incredible and heartbreaking experiences--and the dubs wonder why we're so bitter!

My last shepherding call was March 2000. My mother and I were called on (I happened to be visiting) and we both had alot of questions about the new "blood cards." The elder said he wasn't really ready for those questions but made a SPECIFIC appointment for a visit the following week to discuss it. We all wrote this time down in our respective appointment books. Little did I know that the next week we had the CO visiting our cong. When the appointed time came, who was at the door but a man with the coldest eyes I've ever seen and a different elder from the one I expected. The CO took control and had brought Watchtowers for us, and we turned to an article about those who have forsaken the truth but that Jehovah wants back. He had me read the paragraphs and i had tears in my eyes by the time I was done. It all sounded so good on paper, but it never seems to play out that way in reality. Aside from feeling the intended quilt, I also felt that i had been ambushed.

Today, with all I know about Watchtowers lies, nothing they do would surprise me.

Kat

• delilah
    delilah

Good for you Carol, that did take some "yarbles"......how dare they come to you to tell you about the kind of books your daughter is reading, and that it may make you vulnerable.(to demon attacks)...they never stop to amaze me.....they are never there when we may have needed them, but they always seem to be there( to stick their noses in where they don't belong.) when we don't need them....and to condemn, not help.

Delilah

• avishai
    avishai

So, it looks like what we have here are far more "Trying to catch you at something calls" than actual "Shepherding calls"

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

just for the record i didnt do shepherding to dig for info...

i had a regular pattern of shepherding twice a year in my group...i would announce at the group what we would be discussing on the visits and arrange a time convenient to everyone to call..i had another elder in my group and he would come with me..everyone enjoyed them and would prepare coffee etc after..if there were single sisters i would arrange for them to come to my house and they would join in the shepherding visit with my wife..(yup even after i was told not to do shepherding with my wife)...if there were 2 single sisters i would ask 1st if they minded doing together...there was never a problem

this was over and above any calls where help was required..if any in my group asked for it...and i didnt just do blood cards after the group like they were run of the mill..

course none of this matters now i am an unrepentant deliberate wilful wrongdoing bastard

i also had the privelege of going on shepherding visits with other elders in the hall..(some were held in a car)..and on occasions i would metaphorically hold my head in my hands at the way these bros and sis who were doing their best in difficult circumstances were treated

good times...tijkmo

• avishai
    avishai

tijkmo, sounds like you were one of the good ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit