Why Does The Society Pick BORING Books To Study At The Bookstudy?

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

The last bookstudy I was in was funny - over half the group had no commenting "priviledges", so we all just sat there and let one older couple do all the commenting. So not only were we studying excruciatingly horribly boring cultist junk, we had to listen to the same two people comment on it for an hour. It was truly torture.

GBL

• heathen
    heathen

I think the dubs that want to study every night of the week have the opportunity by starting their own studies . That's the whole point of becoming a baptized publisher is to spend all your spare time selling magazines and brainwashing others that what you say is the truth .

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I think they are boring because there is nothing new to learn. If you were learning anything new, it might be half way exciting.

But the old Freddy Franz....typical...anti-typical....a typical....delusions were also mind numbingly stupid.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I think they are boring because there is nothing new to learn. If you were learning anything new, it might be half way exciting.

But the old Freddy Franz....typical...anti-typical....a typical....delusions were also mind numbingly stupid.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I really think a study of Mankinds Search for God would be appropriate and also fun

• orion
    orion

The bookstudies where actually the one meeting i didn't mind...they where short, liad back and we goot dessert afterwards.

• Krystal
    Krystal

Personally, I liked the Daniel Book! At least it was a little more challenging than the "Knowledge" book...

The bookstudies that really bored me were the EASY books that eveyone knew the answer right away... "Greatest Man" ; "Knowledge"; "Live Forever" blah blah blah

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

As many have already brought out, I dont think that there is such a thing as a WBTS publication that isn't boring.

I also enjoyed the book study more than any other meeting because it was the shortest. Im just gratefull that my bookstudy was on Tuesday evening and not a Saturday morning. Arrggghhhh, I couldnt imagine having to get up for a book study every Saturday. And you know that while your at the study that field service is going to be expected afterwards.

Im a little confuese by GetBusyLiving's last post though. I've never heard of commenting p rivileges. They would let anyone comment in my congregation.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Why doesn't the Society smarten up??

Their demon god wants them to stay the way they are now so they don't ask too many questions.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

They're ALL boring.

I think the real question is this: why does the WTBS have book studies?

Answer: So they can twist the dubs arms to buy the boring books.

I mean, really ... how many people would actually show up at a book study empty handed & say to the group "That book was awful. I read it, and it sucked. Can we talk about the seventh book from Stephen King's 'Dark Tower' series tonight? What did you think about Jake & Oy & Father Callahan battling their way into the restaurant in New York?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit