Why Does The Society Pick BORING Books To Study At The Bookstudy?

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    I remember having to place sets of 3 of those old obsolete books. What a disaster. Was that local or world wide/

I remember that danny - trying to place three old, smelly, stupid publications at one time really made me feel like a fool.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    double post.
  • tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

they have structured everything so that there is no out of the box thinking. and this is a boring place to reside, and to try to write a book from. once they start spicing it up, people would actually start thinking a little more proactively, and presto, instant reform/revolution on their hands. to imagine these wits really thinking outside the box, like going on an intellectual adventure, think deer in headlights.

it can't happen, ergo deathly boring books.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I think part of the mind-control issues from these types of books. The entangled thinking and reasoning is so obtuse that it makes the baiscally uneducated witness believe that the organization is so far advanced in understanding, that it must be from God! I think most of them walk out of the BS wondering what the hell they just studied, but afraid to express that. Instead they beem with 'My, look how well we are being fed now.'

No other religion that I know of ever tried to pin an application in modern day on every single verse of prophecy in the Bible. The fact that most of it never comes even close to accurate in the end goes right over the head of the witness ilk, since they by that time are busy studying the next 'new release'.

A good point is made though about Freddy being the only 'oracle' of prophecy for 5 decades. Have the latest 'prophetic interpretations' been just basically, as Blondie put it - just cut and paste from Freddy's old thinking? I have not looked at the most recent examples since we have been out now for two years, fading for three.

Jeff

• damselfly
    damselfly

I agree with Tetra

The mind numbing material shuts your brain off so you don't bother to question it. If it was exciting (or heck even NEW) then there would be more of the 'inquiring minds want to know' personal investigations going on.

Damselfly

• undercover
    undercover

Happy B-day to Minimom

But....what WTS book ain't boring?

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

I was hoping for an anouncement saying that the book study is not longer needed, it is an annoyance, it adds so much more stress and anxiety to the R&F and should for the greater good to all, must be done away with. But sadly, instead, they chose another boring book

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

I was hoping for an anouncement saying that the book study is not longer needed, it is an annoyance, it adds so much more stress and anxiety to the R&F and should for the greater good to all, must be done away with.
    I bet the R&F would 'rejoice' over that!!! Therefore ... it ain't gonna happen .

• garybuss
    garybuss

I attended a church group Bible study a couple years and they met in a home and they actually read and studies the Bible. We'd read a section and then go around the room and we'd comment on what it meant to us. Some had their conspiracy theories but most found the principles in the texts and related those to the life they wanted to live.
    We brought food and we had a half hour or so before the study to set up a buffet table and then we'd go do the hour study and then we'd eat and visit for another hour or so. It was enjoyable and to me, mostly social. There was no conformity and all comments were accepted without challenge.
    I got sick of it and I was finding it hard to stay revenant so I quit attending. I am thankful for the experience and grateful to the people for allowing me to attend. They were pretty interested in what the Witnesses taught about the verses.
    When my research led me to do objective research on the book called The Bible with it closed, I had the obvious job of challenging theism and superstitions and tradition. That all ended with objective reality and that's where I stay.

• Scully
    Scully

minimus, if you know of any NON boring or even exciting WTS publications, please share the titles with all of us, so the JW-lurkers who are still attending meetings can have some respite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit