Why Does The Society Pick BORING Books To Study At The Bookstudy?

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I was hoping for an anouncement saying that the book study is not longer needed, it is an annoyance, it adds so much more stress and anxiety to the R&F and should for the greater good to all, must be done away with. But sadly, instead, they chose another boring book
    the bookstudy is important for the borg. In a bigger group like the meetings people can sometimes not notice if somebody is there. If you split it up in cells, there is much more control. Every bugstudy conductor has responsibility for the on the CBS. And detects even the smallest absence of meetings. Danny

• blondie
    blondie

I thought the same thing, Danny, more control through the book studies.

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, the bookstudy is like a cell----in more ways than one.

• kid-A
    kid-A

The book study also serves the important purpose of completely screwing up yet ANOTHER night of the week for everybody. Its all about controlling

the free time of the dubs. Out of all the meetings, I always found the bookstudy the MOST annoying. One bloody hour, and it wasted an entire

evening on top of the ministry school. For awhile though, I remember the book studies being more casual than the hall meetings, I used to wear jeans

and a sweater, no suit or tie, but then they clamped down again and started enforcing the standard dress code for the book study, even though they

were always in somebodies dingy, drab basement.

• garybuss
  • JH
    JH

Enough with the theory and all these books to study, it's time to bring in the new system.

• undercover
    undercover
    I was hoping for an anouncement saying that the book study is not longer needed, it is an annoyance, it adds so much more stress and anxiety to the R&F and should for the greater good to all, must be done away with. But sadly, instead, they chose another boring book

That reminds me. This one time in band camp...no...wait, it was field service...anyway... we were talking about some countries having all of their meetings in one day and we were saying wouldn't be cool to do that so we could get them all out of the way and have the rest of the week off. But one sister said we were terrible. She actually wanted meetings every night of the week. It was the meetings that kept us spiritual so we needed more of them not less. We just quietly changed the subject and didn't include her in our car group any more.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Gary,

that would make a fantastic T-shirt!!!

• minimus
    minimus

UC----2 funny!! --------We used to have our PT and WT. on Mon. Tues. was bookstudy. Thursday was School and SM.

• whatistruth
    whatistruth
    But one sister said we were terrible. She actually wanted meetings every night of the week. It was the meetings that kept us spiritual so we needed more of them not less.

She is why duct tape was invented

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit