Why Does The Society Pick BORING Books To Study At The Bookstudy?

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

My mom HATES the Daniel book and doesn't even remember studying it before. (She's 79 today). Maybe she's losing it.....I don't think so. The point is the study material sucks! Why doesn't the Society smarten up??

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

They're the only ones they have.

GBL

• TheListener
    TheListener

I don't know much about psychology but perhaps there is a planned reason for this.

I hope they restudy the isaiah books next. That will drive the dubs crazy.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

They have no choice. They're all boring.

• minimus
    minimus

At least the Great Teacher book was good.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Why doesn't the Society smarten up

Cause they're a bunch of wealthy old farts living in an Ivory tower lording their authority over 6MM people. You think they care whether the R&F 'like' the study publication??? Remember min ... the GB are anti-fun, anti-enjoyment, anit-pleaseure ... nothing they do says 'we care about you'. It's all "do this, do that, and don't do this or that', listen or get the hell out ... here, read this boring ass book again and see if you get it right this go around.

• vitty
    vitty

I think they should study the revelation book AGAIN

If I had to study that book one more time, I wouldnt go to a book study

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

which one do you like then?

the creator book sounded fun at first. Then I was on a study with no one else a bit educated in sciences. That's not funny also.

mankind search for God. That would be fun

Danny

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    Why doesn't the Society smarten up??

Cause they're a bunch of old farts living in an Ivory tower lording their authority over 6MM people. You think they care whether the R&F 'like' the study publications? Ha! The GB are anti-fun, anti-pleasure, anti-enjoyment ... it's all about "do this, do that and don't do this and that, don't disupute anything we say or do, do what we say or get the hell out ... here, read this boring ass book again and see if you get it this go 'round".

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Maybe when they've run out of their own publications, they'll just study the Bible instead. Sorry, that was ridiculous thing to suggest.

vitty - have you still got a copy of the 'Revelation' book? (not on CD ROM, the real thing I mean)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit