Why are beards so bad?

by bother_forever 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    i grew a beard after i left, and i am loving it.

me too.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Beards are hot!!

I was watching VH1 classics yesterday and I saw a video with Jon Cryer in it and he had a beard (it was a few scenes from an 80's movie) and he looked so cute.

Josie ~ a Ducky fan

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

A sister from Boliver, Tenn (who move from some enlighted area, as the need was great in TN) offered this gem about facial hair, at a Bookstudy one night.

"...men who grow facial hair have latent homsexual tendecies"... Sister Willis

I will never forget this as long as I live.

She went on to cite and paraprhase some scientific quotations. Needless to say, her confident comments lended great credence to the vital opinon she rendered.

I threw my razor away the next day...first a lip hair...then a full beard. The moustache elvoved into a full Cowboy handlebar. The beard comes and goes for the winter.

After 25 years I still like woman. Am I some kind of freakin' mutant?

~Hill

• jula71
    jula71

Elsewhere makes a pretty good observation. Almost like, if they believe this they'll believe anything and we got'em. Tetra....aren't ties the worst?!?! I even got funny looks for taking my jacket off during a meeting.....even though I'm in the deep south!!

• JeffT
    JeffT

When I became a witness in 1973 I was told I needed to shave because "Christians" couldn't look like hippies. I now subscribe to the theory that Rutherford didn't like people looking like Russell. As Blondie pointed out Jesus was clean shaven in WTBS illustrations for years. I always did think that was odd, given that its a direct contradiction of what the Bible says about Jewish grooming rules. (They were not to cut their forelocks or beards.)

In the summer of 1988, as we were leaving the org, I regrew my beard while on a camping trip. When we got back I bumped into a couple of elders in a grocery store. They gave me a bit of a hard time about it, but since I never went back to the KH it didn't make any difference.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Cuz they tickle women's nether-regions and make them feel fuzzy and warm, which is a BIG NO-NO!

Kwin

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I couldnt grow one while attending meetings (too young). Now my wife wont let me shave with out throwing a temper tantrum. She says that I look like a "punk kid" with out it. However after reading Kwintestal's post Im begining to think that she's not being totally honest with me. LOL

I was always told as a kid that it was to be separate from "the world". Which makes a lot of sence when you think about it too because no one in "the world" clean shaven either, right?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

whats with all this sarcasm, darth?

you sound like an apostate...that thinking will only lead you to gehenna!

• damselfly
    damselfly

Cuz they tickle women's nether-regions and make them feel fuzzy and warm LOL

Damselfly's s/o denies all knowledge of side effects of his goatee.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

"Up until 1968 or 1969 even Jesus was not allowed to have a beard in the WTS publications."

I forgot about that. LOL I am cracking up. Especially the poster who said that facial hair leads to homosexual tendoncies--wow all the apostles and Jesus must have been gay!

Facial hair is extremely sexy to me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit