Why are beards so bad?

by bother_forever 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I never really felt that my beard or facial hair was a sign of rebellion. That's what I grew my hair out for. I started growing my hair right around the time I stopped attending meetings. I let it go for about four years before I finally got a real job and had to cut it. Sometimes I think about growing it back out again. I enjoyed it.

• Generic Man
    Generic Man

Beards are for hippies, commies, and other no-goodnicks. Besides, clean shaven is appropriate for good corperate folk.

• SallySue
    SallySue

Hey hillbilly

A sister from Boliver, Tenn (who move from some enlighted area, as the need was great in TN) offered this gem about facial hair, at a Bookstudy one night.

"...men who grow facial hair have latent homsexual tendecies"... Sister Willis

I too moved from some "enlighted area" to where the need was great to Memphis, TN in 1958.

Was Sister Willis' first name Ann?

Oh, and Jesus didn't shave... perfect men back they could not grow beards and they were a sign on imperfection. I don't know how they explained that away as I had already left when Jesus beard grew.

• Frog
    Frog

Beards are yucky cause they give you a rash when you rub your face up against one for extended periods of time hehe . Beards are for philosphers, father xmas and grandads who have wrinkles to cover up! Nah seriously, if you want a beard don't let any dub tell you that they give people the wrong impression about your style. Dubs are all conformist, cheap suit wearing, long skirt wearing, no sense of personal style, collective drones...ok, perhaps a slight exageration, but you get my point! frog

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

nothing wrong with them according to the old jewish law. The Torah( first 4 books of the Old Testament) spoke of maintaining their facial hair.......The Watchtower wants you to believe that Jesus was shaved. That's a lie. Jesus walked the earth, he had to maintain as an example of following the law of the Torah. HE had a beard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit