Why are beards so bad?

by bother_forever 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inquirer
    inquirer

bother_forever,

I am gutted about this as much as you!

I saw a guy on Tempation (Sale of the Century) as one of the contestants. He had long hair, a beard and he was really big! He was a bikie guy.

(DON'T DRAW CONCLUSIONS!!! HE WAS SMART!! bUT DIDN'T WIN)

I was so glad to see someone on there with no "short back and sides."

...We are not all white collar workers you know! Some of use actually have to work! lol :)

• inquirer
    inquirer

I guess, it's the middle class American white collar culture that Rutherford came from that DICTATORED that "clean shaven" only look.

BTW, I am offended by that term "clean shaven." They are just as dirty as the bearded man!

Beards are cool! The Hulkster had one! James Hetfield had one! Well... shorter beards.... it's all facial hair, you know.

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

When you have the opportunity to get the old book "30 years slave " from William Schnell you will read that Schnell who was a German American and came back to Germany working in the former magdeburg Bethel where he reports that Rutherford came in the 20ies to visit the office.

It was the branch officer Balzereit - a guy Rutherford later send into desert and accused him falsely to have falsified the letter to Hitler - who had a beard liek Russell. but as Rutherford did not much like Russell he denied him certain investments. But Rutherford gave the utterance that Balzereit without beard would have better chances.

Schnell reports that half an hour later Balzereit surprised Rutherford totally shaved, having no kind of beard any more and has got then what he wanted.

This Rutherford gthinking seems to be still present. And "beard-off" still is a test, if the candidate is obedient to the orders from above.

They in the ivory tower or in their branche offices dont need people who use their own brain. they make people repeating the stuff they get from above without using conscience and mind.

The best example for that is the experience that in Germany and Luxemburg there was the valid practice that COs ordered the BoE to bring parents of molested children before a JC when they have gon to the court.

After the last elder school this is no more valid. The elders were not explained why the change. they had to eat it and to shut up.

Thats WT policy: no argument but obedience, a behavior to be compared with Narciss who did like himself so much that he lost reality.

• zagor
    zagor

Hey there, you might be interested in a thread I've started not long ago

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/92842/1.ashx

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

But, how come they never said anything to some of the sisters in my old cong. who had mustaches and beards? Some were thicker that some of the brothers.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

For you ladies ... notice the beard ...

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Something else I thought I'd point out ...

• damselfly
    damselfly

Naughty Boy Kwin!

Lucky Girl 2!

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

I agree with obedience litmus test thing. It never really made any sense to me that they would forbid it, since Jesus wore one, and weren't we supposed to be following Jesus?

Everyone man I knew who faded or left grew a beard, including my dad and my son(as soon as he could get one to grow):)

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

It was explained to me that people who were rebelious grew beards as a sign of rebelion. The same as wire frame (lennon) glasses.

The cult didn't want to potentially upset a possible book sale.

steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit