Why are beards so bad?

by bother_forever 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garybuss
    garybuss

Beards are not bad for me. I'm glad Witnesses have to shave. It's another price they pay to play.

RE: Greendawn's comment

Saint Garybuss! Indeed, a man worthy of such reverence, in my humble opinion!

Garybuss: I've enjoyed your posts during the time I've been on this forum. That beard is very distinguished!

• Sith
    Sith

Ever since I was able to grow one, I've had a moustache. When it first started sprouting, I was so proud I could hardly contain myself. I wanted everyone (especially the girls) to notice my newfound manhood. Before meetings, I used to sneak into my mother's bathroom and darken the little sparse hairs with her mascara. I thought I looked rather dashing.
    One night, after the close of the meeting, I was talking to a friend at the back of the hall. An elder's wife came up, looked at me closely and said, "You know, if you used some of your mom's mascara on that, it would look better"
    Ouch. That was about 34 years ago. I remember it like it was yesterday.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Garybuss has indeed suffered severe persecution at the hands of the borg.

• garybuss
    garybuss

That beard is very distinguished!This beard keeps my baby soft cheeks shaded in summer and warm in the winter:-) I get a rash on my face when I shave. When I left the Witnesses I lost a rash on my cheeks and a rash on my ass.

• shera
    shera

lol @ Kwin!

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Kwintestal hit the nail on the head. All that friction on tender areas might incite couples to do nasty things that would cause Jehover to be displeased.

Let's hear it for beards, y'all!

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Or is this just another stupid made up rule of the WT?

It's all about control.

When I learned the troof and became a member in good standing with the apostate religion I had a 'stache. I shaved it off a few years later and you shoulda heard the outcry from the bruthas. They all wanted to know why it was gone. Encouraged me to grow it again. I should have followed their suggestion and elaborated on it a little. hehehe

• greendawn
    greendawn

I grew a beard as a dub (and still do) and no one complained, I suppose in the USA they are more fanatical than in the UK on this issue.

• potleg
    potleg

Is this facial hair prohibition a bible based belief? Or another example of their need for absolute control and conformity? Show me from the scriptures

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit