When Jehovah's Witnesses do bad - Are criticisms of JW's valid? Part I

by rambaldi 102 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    So yes you should stick to the truth, that which is found and taught by Jehovah Witnesses.

LOL!! Rambaldihead sure is funny!

Josie

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

***TROLL ALERT!!!***

Josie

• rambaldi
    rambaldi
    Shunning your child is emotionally a great evil because of all the hurt it causes

I don't recall that my original post deals with that subject.

However, to keep on subject. Yes, there were instances in which parents will killed for disobeying God's law and the children lived and vice versa. They were permanently shunned. Sure it hurt the family. I see no where in God's law to his people that said not to do that because it would cause grief. In fact the opposite is true. It was a deterant for children to learn to be obedient as the consequences were severe. Thus when considering the consequences, the hurtful results would not occur because the actions would not occur that initiated it.

• rambaldi
    rambaldi

No, not a troll

Don't believe anyone over there at JWO.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

***TROLL ALERT!!!***

• rambaldi
    rambaldi
    A former JW troll by the nick of Dunscot was of the habit of turning up from time to time under new pseudonyms, usually of obscure mediaeval or renaissance scholars, philosophers or mystics. I find it interesting that this "good little Dub" should choose to do the same. Just wonderin'.

Are you saying that you have never seen Alias?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

***TROLL ALERT!!!***

• rambaldi
    rambaldi
    When Jehovah had a nation, his organization, what happened? ;

That's an anarchronism: the nation of Israel was never a strict, ordered religious organization.

Oh really? It would seem to be. They had a class of priests, the Levites. They had times and places of worship. The whole nation was organized into groups and worshipped in the prescribed fashion. That is the way that Jehovah prescribed.

Jesus is God, even the early Christians believed so. Common Jehovah's Witness objections:

; ; ; ; (1) John 1:1 should really read that the "Word is a god" as there is no article in front. He is only ;god in the sense of being a divine being. Indeed, the ;even Pagans called Paul a god (Acts 12:22, 28:3-6).

; ; ; ;
    (2) Thomas' exclamation at John 20:28 was really a prayer or exclamation of joy ;to Jehovah.

; ; ; ;
    (3) Christ subordinated himself to the Father as seen in John 17:3. Also in John 20:17, Christ called the Father "my God," but we do not see the Father calling the Son "my God."

; ; ; ;
    (4) According to Jude 9 and 1 Thessalonians 4:16, Christ is really Michael the Archangel.

I can deal with those in a later disertation. I would rather stick to the topic for now. So as to this challenge. Email me or repost when I post that or start a new topic.
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

***TROLL ALERT!!!***

• rambaldi
    rambaldi
    Although a chosen people the jews were not seen by God as his organisation, scripture please?&

Hmm. Is this a question or a statement? Are you asking for a scripture to support the statement?

See my above message to this other person.

Jehovah and Christ was and is only concerned with people as individuals. ; Show me when he used an organisation rather than individuals as prophets or messengers, scriptures please. ;

Israel was his organization. I quoted Exodus 19:5,6 but I think I have to again.

" And now if YOU will strictly obey my voice and will indeed keep my covenant, then YOU will certainly become my special property out of all [other] peoples, because the whole earth belongs to me. 6 And YOU yourselves will become to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words that you are to say to the sons of Israel.”

Ok, now since he was speaking to this whole nation, this plural YOU. It was addressed to the people as a whole. But they proved unfaithful so he sent individual prophets and messengers to correct them. These prophets and messengers carried his message so Jehovah cared for them and action against those prophets and messengers as in 2 Cor 36 was action against Jehovah himself. Since that organization failed to listen, he rejected the nation of fleshly Israel and then granted the nation of Spiritual Israel the blessings of Exodus 19.

But there were no more Jehovah's Witnesses after the Messiah. ; JWs were the natural Jews. ; THAT is why the name Jehovah does not appear at all in any ancient Christian Greek manuscript. ;

I find that a false statemetn. In Christian times there were and are Jehovah's Witnesses as Paul said " All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, ". If Jehovah's people in the past were his Witnesses as Isaiah stated, then things would be set straight by all things Jehovah's people his nation again being his Witnesses. The purpose of their being called so in Isaiah 43 did not change when the identity changed from fleshly to spiritual.

Of course the name Jehovah does not appear in ancient Greek manuscripts. Jehovah is an English transliteration of the divine name so a language that was created long after the scriptures were written would not contain an English transliteration.

THAT is why Jesus did NOT say at Acts 1:8 anything about being Jehovah's witnesses, or even his father's witnesses - "And then YOU will be MY witnesses....and indeed to the earth's remotest end." ;

Consistency at 1 Peter 4:14-16 ;- "But if any of you should suffer for being a CHRISTIAN, then there is no shame in bearing THIS NAME....If you are insulted for bearing CHRIST'S NAME, blessed are you for on you rests the spirit of God.

Acts 1:8 and your application is a misunderstanding. Jesus was not speaking in the sense that his Father called the Israelites his Witnesses in Isaiah. You can not just associate words. The contexts are totally different (like comparing John 8:58 to Ex 3:14, examine the contexts). Jesus' context was about telling a world that had not heard of him, about him. Jehovah's context was to a nation that knew him or should have known him.

As to Peter. (Thanks for reminding me of vs " 15 However, let none of YOU suffer as a murderer or a thief or an evildoer or as a busybody in

other people’s matters.) So he is saying that Christians could suffer from being those things. Sure they had Christians that were murderers, thieves, evildoers back then. That goes with my theme. Those actions did not invalidate the congregations.

Vs 14-16 that you highlight does not invalidate Jehovah's Witnesses in the first century. Again, their purpose was to preach about this new guy that was going around and healing and teaching new things. There would be people who would call them cults, there would be people of this Jewish religion who believed knew who Jehovah was but they needed to know who this Christ was. So that was their purpose, but it did not invalid their being Jehovah's Witnesses.

Despite the JW attempt to insert Jehovah's personal name for the natural jews 237 times in the New Testament where it does not belong,

If it does not belong then what would Jesus and the other apostles and writers do when they quoted from the Hebrew scriptures that contained God's name as Jehovah? Would they misquote the scripture and leave it out? Never.

Matt 4:10 For it is written; ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’” Where is it written? Deut 5:9, Deut 6:13

Matt 22:41-45 Jesus quotes Ps 110:1. David used the name Jehovah. As the ASV said: A Psalm of David. Jehovah saith unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, Until I make thine enemies thy footstool. " Why would Jesus change that quote? If Jesus failed in God's word then he failed. We don't believe that he did fail.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit