Is College now wrong for Jehovah's Witnesses again?

by booker-t 47 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down

The more affluent congregations... know you need an education and EVERYONE looks the other way...

but in the less affluent areas WATCH OUT... ignorance and the worship of it are KING!

u/d (of the Never Again class)

• shera
    shera

ARGG!

• homesteader
    homesteader

i could never understand jw's going to physicians, lawyers and other professionals yet not encouraging higher education. so many gifted minds going to waste.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I don't think anyone has suggested that going to college will result in an announcement in your local congregation that you "are no longer one of Jehovah's Witnnesses" (the dreaded ANLOOJW announcement), but the relative insignificance of a college education was a subject of one of the psycho-dramas at the assembly.

"Remember, 2034 is only 348 months away, Brothers! We have life-saving work to accomplish!"

YAWN

• Netty
    Netty

Flip Flop, flip flop. Here we go again. It is a little hard to keep up with. But yea, guess I have heard also that this month, they decided to start discouraging it again. Feel sorry for this particular group of kids, just like us, in the 80's.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    just like us, in the 80's

That was me... Honor Society... AFJROTC... Eagle Scout... Private Catholic High School (on a scholarship)... and I got a FULL RIDE ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP to go pretty much wherever I wanted.... even got accepted to the Air Force Academy...

Then I joined a cult and willingly threw it all away (of course I was "guided")...

At least I'm still me...sort of.

u/d (of the mind is a terrible thing to waste class)

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

**cking morons....ruining kids lives again.

i can see it now on the ride home from the assembly the brother elder saying to his son

"well you heard it from the Faithful Slave, son i guess you'll turn down that full ride to MIT and turn in your application to regular pioneer this fall huh?"

-Doodle-V

• upside/down
    upside/down

doodle.... EXACTLY!

cuz we wouldn't want daddy to lose his priveleges...

UGH!

u/d

• doodle-v
    doodle-v
    cuz we wouldn't want daddy to lose his priveleges...

ugh *shudder*

brings back too many memories

happy birthday by the way!

-Doodle-V of the "had to sneak and take college classes behind her parents back" class

• Netty
    Netty

Happy birthday, my fellow cancer, upside down!

Guess I date myself a little hu, the LATE 80's, the late 80's!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit