Potty Mouths?

by Low-Key Lysmith 48 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

Everyone told her I had touretts

How come we never see a telethon for this disease. Wouldn't that be fun to watch.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I do occaisionally, but i dont mean to. My fav fav swear word is 'bollocks' (and its hardly a swear word really). Other than that I usually say things like "oh for F*** Sake!!"

• Tez
    Tez

Oh what a good boy!! See Paulj's comment above... Didn't I bring him up well!!! I didn't have a problem with this until I met my Scotsman!!!!! and he's taught me so much!!!!!!

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Can I suggest "Bummocks" as an alternative to that dreadful word used above.

ig

• rebel8
    rebel8
    When I got out of the DUmBS, I use to cuss non-stop

Me too! I think I did it more as an opportunity to do something forbidden. I cussed like a sailor too and said some reeeeally inappropriate dirty things to people too. I was young then so I forgive myself.

I'll often adjust to use euphemisms like " Oh Shoot "

LOL, you are reminding me of a JW I used to know. He said, "Oh bong" instead of swearing. I eventually told him he might not want to use that particular word and why, but he just gave me a puzzled look. Saw him recently in public and he said it again!

• Netty
    Netty

I remember a time in the borg, when we were counseled for using substitutions for cuss words, like "oh Gosh" "darn" even golllee, was off limits.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I guess I always had a tendency to curse. Now, I'm just a trashy truck driver that speaks my mind. Sometimes, it's salted with a few explicatives, but I do have an auto edit feature that seems to work well around ladies ( not necessarily all women qualify as such) my mother, children, and the elderly. ....oh, and clients....at least until I get to know them.

My wife, still a JW, can get quite salty at times. Usually, she feels guilty and is compelled to go to a couple of Sunday meetings again. I crack up when she curses. She'd remind you of a librarian or someone of an equally "bookish" profession...but then she'll let go with a blue streak that's make a sailor blush.

I cursed all through High School, quickbuilds, regular pioneering....and my divorce...especially my divorce....and I haven't stopped.

Ern

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Oh great!!! You werent meant to see that mum (lol). Course i never swear really!!! Maybe in my head.... I prefer- 'Sugar!' 'Whoops-a-daisy!' and 'Oh my!!!'

Honest Mum

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

LOL @ Tez n Paul

Craggy Island has made "Oh Feck!" popular.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit