Potty Mouths?

by Low-Key Lysmith 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

When I got out of the DUmBS, I use to cuss non-stop I think as a pathetic tactic to make worldy people think I was a little more worldy. I still swear from time to time, and foul language does not offend me at all, but I was talking to my sister the other day, she just turned 21, has discovered alcohol, is currently on public reproof, and I think is really close to being on her way out herself. She cursed like a sailor the whole time I was talking to her. "F" this, "F" that, "F" "F" "F", she dropped a C-word or two in there. Were any of you guys that way when you were newly-liberated?

• Sith
    Sith

No f*ckin' way!

• kls
    kls

I only say naughty words when i talk or think of the jw cult , it just bring them demons outa me

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I swear alot I have always done that...I never needed to leave the JW's for it. I don't use the F bomb unless I am really pissed.

I don't have to look around now!

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

when I first got out at the age of 19, thats all that came out of my mouth. I also took to drinking heavily and abusing myself. Its part of the reaction to the reproof. When I got reproved publically I was way pissed, but df'd was worse. She is acting out, and is rebelling against every thing she has been taught, including decent communication. Hopefully she will either grow out of it or someone needs to talk to her about language usage.....once in a while is ok, but all the time and noone listens to a d#$n thing you say.

• georgefoster
    georgefoster

I love to cuss, particularly g/d. My jw wife won't even say "darn" or "crap". When I told the marriage counselor that I wouldn't give up cursing, that it was very cathartic, he looked at me like I was nuts.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I dislike obscene very much. There's just no need for it to get any point across.

Obscene language was never used by my relative adults when I was growing up. I'd have to be extremelly upset for me to crank out any offensive language; and even then I don't think it's justified.

DY

• prophecor
    prophecor

I really try not to use colorfully descriptive language in public, I go way outta' my way not to use four, five or even six letter words, without carefully considering those in the audience. I might be within earshot of some elderly people, and that type of language around them is just un-acceptable and un-disciplined in behavior. I'll often adjust to use euphemisms like " Oh Shoot " , " Ohhhh Snap " MF's usually come out as M&F'rs, said M and Efffers.

To use foul language indiscrimenantly, In my belief, really detracts from your character as a person. Colorful language has it's place, in making a humurous statement, downright funny, to every once and a while, you'll need it to tell a few folks where to get off at, but to just fly out with the F/U's without them being warranted, or just because I can, I prefer not to, at this stage in my life.

• vitty
    vitty

I do swear, a lot, when im in the mood. My hubba hates it, he say "you sound so unfeminine" I always reply "What the f¤#"k, you do it!"

My favorite word was friggin, till my daughter started using it. Now its frickin, I dont even think thats swearing.

edited to add . I never swear in public and hate it when someone says the "F" word in front of me. My son got a real roasting for saying it in front of me the other day. Yeah so what if im a hypocrit im the mom

• jula71
    jula71

Oh f**k ya. But I was always like that. Can't count how many times in school and work Iv'e heard, "I didn't you you people talk like that"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit