The best reasonable, rational, intelligent discussion on religion I've ever seen

by TerryWalstrom 303 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    Pretending the repeatedly plain language...

Plain to YOU. YOU are interpreting what you read, and now your calling that interpretation, "plain" and saying any who dont agree with you are dishonest....

Id really love for someone else to respond to you, I'm surely not the only one noticing your nonsense. 

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    Jonathan Drake - I don't think cofty had only ISIS in mind, rather, I'm pretty sure he meant most of the Muslim world. This includes KSA, Pakistan, Iran, Yemen, Afghanistan, Jordan, Egypt, Sudan, northern Nigeria, Somalia ... 
  • Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    The thing being interpreted clearly commands rape, murder, slavery, abortion... There is no moral defense for this.

Again, your sayin it clearly means something when hundreds of millions disagree. What is clear to you is crazy to others. 

Also, you believe abortion is deplorable amd immoral? Explanation of this possible?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Plain to YOU. YOU are interpreting what you read, and now your calling that interpretation, "plain" and saying any who dont agree with you are dishonest....

Plain to anyone who isn't denying reality. Denying reality doesn't change the realness of it. 

Id really love for someone else to respond to you, I'm surely not the only one noticing your nonsense.

It's not nonsense to defend reality against those who wish to pretend the Bible isn't a book of blood followed by a death cult.

Again, your sayin it clearly means something when hundreds of millions disagree. What is clear to you is crazy to others. 

Hundreds of millions of people thinking 2+2=5 doesn't make it true. Pretending the Bible doesn't command deplorable things doesn't change the fact that it absolutely does so multiple times in very plain language, no matter how many people believe it.

Also, you believe abortion is deplorable amd immoral? Explanation of this possible?

I've no need to explain something I never said.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    Drake - I don't think cofty had only ISIS in mind, rather, I'm pretty sure he meant most of the Muslim world. This includes KSA, Pakistan, Iran, Yemen, Afghanistan, Jordan, Egypt, Sudan, northern Nigeria, Somalia ... 

Oh you know what I think you're right. 

so I'll say this, as I've said before, defending islam isn't really my goal. However... Cofty and others have said most Muslims haven't even read the Quran, and this is true, so again, how can the Quran be blamed...?

• Under the Ottoman empire, worldwide Muslim literacy rates were only 2 to 3% in the early nineteenth century.
    • 6 out of 10 Muslims worldwide still cannot read (as opposed to only 2 out of 10 people in "Christendom") 
    • Nearly 1 in 3 people in the Arab world are illiterate, including nearly half of all women.

Taken from:

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Muslim_Statistics

Now, on this page you see all the terrible things happening in the Muslim world. I say again, my interest was never in defending islam. I would draw everyone's attention to the fact that 60% of all Islam CANNOT READ. Hence they have never read the Quran. So how are we blaming the Quran, when it's not even possibly at fault? 

• Viviane
      Viviane

Religion makes (and keeps) people dumb.

StateYes % Rate
      to Religious
      Question
      Illiteracy
      %
      Rate
      Mississippi8516
      Alabama8215
      South Carolina8015
      Tennessee7913
      Louisiana7816
      Arkansas7814
      Georgia7617
      North Carolina7614

Oklahoma

Kentucky (tie)7412
      Texas (tie)7419

StateYes % Rate
      to Religious
      Question
      Illiteracy
      %
      Rate
      Vermont427
      New Hampshire466
      Maine487
      Massachusetts4810
      Alaska519
      Washington5210
      Oregon5310
      Rhode Island538

Nevada

Connecticut559

• Viviane
      Viviane
      Omg viv... Seriously. OMFG lol. GO AWAY.

Thanks for that quote. It clearly shows that I never said abortion was deplorable. On a side note, the above chart is making a lot of sense.

You may need this.... http://www.english-grammar-revolution.com/what-is-a-pronoun.html

• Jonathan Drake
      Jonathan Drake

Viv said:

Thanks for that quote. It clearly shows that I never said abortion was deplorable. On a side note, the above chart is making a lot of sense.

Viv said:

I've no need to explain something I never said.

The thing being interpreted clearly commands rape, murder, slavery, abortion, genocide, theft and murder. It is a deplorable thing. There is no moral defense for this.

Please... PLEASE ANYONE ELSE MAKE SENSE OF THIS TO ME

• LoveUniHateExams
      LoveUniHateExams

Jonathan Drake - I admitted that extremists are to blame for their actions, but pointed that the violence and killings in the Quran may be a factor. In non-ISIS areas, the violence and killings in the Quran (and Hadiths) must also be a factor. 

Poor literacy levels in the Muslim World doesn't change this. They're taught various interpretations from the local imams. 

• Viviane

Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit