What's your favorite soap opera

by Netty 59 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

Days of Our Lives. Each time I watch it, my husband says, "I don't understand how an intelligent woman such as you could watch this mindless drivel." He's right. I usually don't go for drivel shows but for some reason I like this one.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Netty - I like Horny Housewives too, but it doesn't count as a soap so its okay!

Ellen is just hilarious, I love the whole beginning of the show where she dances!

We don't get Ellen over here yet - but I watched it when I was in Canada - I sorta fancy her I think!

• talesin
    talesin

Ippy,

I call Y&R, The Young and the Hung .... LOL !

shera

Oh, I miss Jake so much ... hehe, a real man in an unreal soap world ... and the cancellation of AW was so protested by the fans, but it was all about the studios not making enough bux off the sponsors, dam capitalism ... hehehe

netty,

Saw him on Oprah with his wife a couple of months ago, telling his story in an hour-long show. He has been well for quite a few years with the meds. Darn, I can't remember his name, but quite a story. He and his family went through a lot before he figured it all out (violent episodes and all), but it is one of those 'celebrity comes forward to help others' stories, and gave me a lot of admiration for him and his wife.

tal

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Sonny sucks and I have not liked him since he left Brenda at the alter and caused her nervous breakdown. Jax is my fav and Brenda was a fool to leave him for that short pudgy little mobster.

So all you GH fans what do you think of the new Carly? I don't really like her but I did not like the last Carly at the beginning either but I warmed up to her and was sad when she left.

Now my second favorite soap is the bold and the beautiful. I cannot wait to see Ridge toss Brooke over AGAIN for Taylor. I was very shocked when they brought Taylor back. This is her second trip back from the dead if I recall correctly.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Shelley needs a really really big slap & so does Katie!

er,bit late to slap poor ol Katie methinks............

If i was forced to watch Soaps then yes it would be Corrie...i absolutely detest Eastenders..totally one dimensional characters and hilariously unbelievable when Dirty Den came back....

Else im with you Crumpet (again..sure we arent related)i loved the Springwatch series..especially Simon King in Mull..yes,those Sea Eagles are MASSIVE!Ive been there a few times and its awe inspiring.Much better to watch that than crappy old soaps..and who could resist Bill Oddie always asking about Kate Humbles Tits all the time....yeah,i know ..im so very immature.....

I used to like Prisoner cell block H though "im goona git youuuu.you slag..."

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Desperate Housewives

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

PaulJ

I'm glad someone else watched the spring watch thing - I hope it wasnt just for Kate Humble - LOL! I have to say Mr crumpet didnt need much convincing to watch it either once I pointed out who was presenting! I'd love to go to Mull and the Farne Islands. I am sure I saw one of those sea eagles december before last up on the west coast between Gairloch and Ullapool. I looked up and there was this huge bird and I remember thinking it was way way bigger than any golden eagles i;ve ever seen, but assumed it had to be a Golden Eagle as I'd never heard of Sea Eagles breeding in the UK!

And oh yes - isn;t Simon King adorable even with bird poo all over his head!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

dallas

• talesin
    talesin

unbeliever

I am starting to like the new Carly, she seems to be getting more comfortable in the role and beginning to make it her own ... the 'surgery for cheekbones' look is a bit annoying, though,,,,

But the new Felicia - yuck - she used to be Amanda on AW, and can't act her way out of a wet paper bag ,,, though the old Felician is not much of an actor either ... don't expect any improvement there!

tij

Yah, you have a crush on Pam, right? hahah, I just know it!

tal

JWD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit