What's your favorite soap opera

by Netty 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Ellie
    Ellie

Fred Elliot is great, I say, Fred Elliot is great, but not too keen on the baker either, hes a bit creepy.

So glad Dennis is back In Eastenders, brightens it up no end.

• JW83
    JW83

Don't you go criticising Coro! (That's how we say it in Australia)

Is Desperate Housewives a soap? And The Bill, of course ...

• Ellie
    Ellie

Yeah, I think you could class The Bill as a soap.

I love The Bill too, its great although gone a bit boring these last few weeks.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

I hate all soaps with a passion bar one, Home and Away, and strike me hansom if it isn't all down to Alf Stuart and his colourful ozzie colloquialisms, the flaming galar.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Soaps and Reality TV. Good god! Why would I go through the effort of extricating myself from a mind-numbing, intellect rotting cult just to sit and feed my mind on such banal pap?! I did it at the Kingdom Hall, I ain't doing it at home!

Now Red Dwarf on the other hand.....

• Ellie
    Ellie

When I was a teenager I was so obsessed with Red Dwarf, can't stand the sit com anymore though but still think the books are good.

Alf Stewart, now what was that expresion again? Oh yeah, you gutless wonder!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I'm mostly with Nic on this - I loathe soap operas - trivial inconsequential mindless conversations between awful people I'd cross over the street to avoid. I only watched them after I left the borg to see what all the fuss was about in being forbidden to watch them.

However I will and do watch some reality tv - not religiously or daily though.

There are some excellent programmes on the tv - the Springwatch feature with Bill Oddie over the last few weeks on BBC2 showing all the wildlife around Britain mating and bringing up families of badgers, grebes, sea eagles, arctic terns, blue tits, foxes etc was utterly fascinating to me.

Also there was a superb documentary last night with Dan Cruikshank about two turn of the century cinematograhers called Mitchell & Kenyon who captured excellent footage of late 19th century working Britain. I can't explain why but somehting about this was very moving to me.

Anyway just to prove I'm not a complete tv snob I'll confess that I have been known to watch Judge Judy, Jerry Springer, Sally Raphael, Ellen De Generes, Trisha and Richard & Judy!

• logical
    logical

I dont have a TV. But when I did have one, I made sure never to miss Sunset Beach unless there was no way of avoiding it...

• Mulan
    Mulan

I've watched As the World Turns off and on, since I was a child (summers and sick days back then).

I keep up with The Bold and the Beautiful too, but it's getting silly.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

I've kept up to date with General Hospital since I was a teenager.

But my number one choice is Young and the Restless.

cj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit