JW's are LOSING IT

by GetBusyLiving 42 Replies latest jw friends

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Maybe some of these earthquakes is actually the GB passing gas, and has to errupt somehow.

My mom has really been paranoid, bordering on delusional. I was getting that crap about because of me, her grandchild and great-grandchild will not make it into the new world. That it's the same thing if I were to just shoot them now. There's only one thing I want to do with my gun, and I guess I had better not say it here!! She is so miserable, but tries sssoooo hard to convince everyone, including herself that she's never been happier. It's like there is a desperation that has enveloped her and her tunnel vision. My 3 other siblings get the same crap, only not as intense since they all live near her. But all have had to put their foot down with her.

This is all same shit, different decade. I thought they were suppose to come out with New light?! Seems to me they forgot to change the light bulbs!!

• JAVA
    JAVA
    I recently brought that up in a conversation. she denied ever saying such thing.

Soledad's experience is typical of JWs who witnessed failed WT dates. They suppress the obvious in order to sustain the myth. The myth is too important, and they have too much invested to allow failure after failure to expose the myth as being false. It's "the Truth" as long as they keep saying it, and they can't allow the past or the present to clash with the "things hoped for."

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Metatron, I totally agree. The follow ANYTHING said blindly. So I'm sure if the Society said to go ahead and kill all the Df'd people who try to talk to you or something like that, they would do it.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i called my dad the other day. just to break his balls. and asked hows he doing? he went into how's he's just maintaining in this system . . etc and sounded reallhy sad. he's hasn't seen the big A yet. i told him to take his head out of the toilet. wake up and smell the coffee. everything you ever told me as a kid never happened as the wt told you. you wasted 40 years peddling bibical comic books... now your old and sick , and will be lucky to live another 10 years.. all your kids are buying houses, and getting thier kids ready for college. and your telling them to do what you never did. buy a house and look to the future. while at the same time you still live in the projects. and don't have a pot to piss in except for your pension from babylon the great that lets you peddle your delusions. your a hypocrite. and a liar. we will all be at your funeral. and my grandkids will be at my funeral. . and the wt will be still telling some weak minded persons like you 100 years from now to give their life to the world wide Fleesing work you been bamboozealied just like all the others from false prophets since the beginning of time. i ended saying . i'll say a prayer that jesus will forgive you. and buy roses for your grave. john

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    that they way they were talking at the assembly that it would probably be the last assembly before the big A.

A few of us (JWs at that time) were saying this exact same thing when coming back from the 1974 District Assembly. We were all eagerly anticipating what the next few months would bring, as the 1975 thing was being talked about---everywhere during that time.

Annie

• Rod P
    Rod P

I was a JW in the 1960's. We were always talking about the end coming soon. I left in 1966.

As a young boy in the 1950's, I studied with JW's. They were telling me about the end coming soon.

My dad became a JW back around 1938, and remained active until about 1946. They were preaching the same thing then.

The message is always the same, since the time of Russell and Rutherford. Only the dates are changed as the decades tick by.

Rod P.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Annnny day now.... annny day now....

yup...

*** looks at watch ***

annnny time now.... annnnny time now.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes POs, COs and DOs who parrott the same ol WT GARBAGE = that the end is just around the corner I can tell that a few have doubts themselves

• JeffT
    JeffT

At the 1973 International Convention they did a big drama about Joshua marching around Jericho. Right after that they released a new tract and said that in September we'd be trying to reach every house in the world with it. Others would follow. That night a sister said that if we did that seven times at three month intervals the last one would be in September 1975.

Obviously the end was coming.

Fifteen years later, as we were starting to leave I brought up the comment without saying where I heard it. Her reponse was "nobody ever said that."

I wonder how many of them lie awake at night wondering what they've done with their lives.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things… .all evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years… as a young person you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!
    -- Awake, 5/22/1969, pg15

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit