JW's are LOSING IT

by GetBusyLiving 42 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

"The anguish and the agony of having to renounce the life long CONVICTIONS of my HEART....

...the soul rape surreal sudden impact horror to accept that my dreams are dashed and it was all a LIE

Yes,it was all fraud in the name of God!"

I Testify as Witness of the Watchtower's Holocaust

-------

Daniel Haszard Bangor Maine

{ I am pissed }

• Bas
    Bas

it's sad really, that so many lives are wasted because of the cult's idiotic teachings...

• aniron
    aniron
    Last summer when my mother was staying with me she told me that my sister had said that they way they were talking at the assembly that it would probably be the last assembly before the big A.

LAST SUMMER!!! I wonder how they now feel seeing that another series of assemblies and conventions are happening. Probably deny they ever said such a thing.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

When I talk to dubs about this, the answer is mostly that they think it is probably not more then a decade away.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ
    "You can tell the end is coming.. its in the air.. you can feel it.. there is something in the air.. times are just.. different"

I can just see the room full of people nodding.......

Paul of the 'I love the smell of Armageddon in the morning' class

• undercover
    undercover
    "You can tell the end is coming.. its in the air.. you can feel it.. there is something in the air.. times are just.. different"
    Last summer when my mother was staying with me she told me that my sister had said that they way they were talking at the assembly that it would probably be the last assembly before the big A.

They make these kind of statements all the time...but never really realize what they're saying. They are repeating the mantra that has been drummed into their heads for years. They talk the talk, but don't really walk the walk.

A while back my in-laws were lamenting about "this system of things" and how bad the world is getting. My father-in-law said, "We'll be in the new system in 10 years. This old system can't last that long."

Later that same day, after getting over the crisis the world is in, they were focusing on their own future. They made comments about making sure their wills are up to date, maybe selling their big house and getting something smaller, easier to move around in and how to set up the inheritance so that they're grandchildren are well taken care of. They informed us that they had already purchased their burial plots. All this talk from the people who earlier in the day were looking forward to the new system.

They were talking the talk that the WTS talks and expects their followers to believe. But their actions show that deep down, they are fully expecting to die in a few years. It's sad to see that people have waited their entire lives for a "new system" and then as they get old realize that it isn't going to happen. They still want to believe but are losing faith.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    When I talk to dubs about this, the answer is mostly that they think it is probably not more then a decade away.

Danny – I remember saying the same thing! What a doofus …

I'm so glad I didn't spend 40+ years listening to that BS! The botchtower has a helluva lot to answer for to the people who've wasted their entire lives believing the myth about a new order! It wouldn't be so bad believing that the end is so near if they could just enjoy their lives in the meantime. That's what REALLY pisses me off about the GB, why do they have to sap all the joy out of peoples lives when they HAVE TO KNOW THAT IT'S NOTHING BUT A LIE!!! If it were the troof they would be open to questions and provide proof for their wacky doctrines, and wouldn't throw out everybody with a brain capable of cognitive thought ... ok, I'm getting on a tirade here ... back to work

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Yes POs, COs and DOs who parrott the same ol WT GARBAGE = that the end is just around the corner I can tell that a few have doubts themselves

Stilla,

OOOOOOH! I looove hearing things like this! Since I'm now seen as pondscum and not allowed on anything but the back seats at the KH, I don't get to see or hear these things firsthand! (although I vowed never to set foot in a KH or anything WTS-related ever again)

Could you share with the rest of the pondscum class---just what you have heard or observed? Stuff like this just makes my day!

Annie

• Liberty
    Liberty

Just as others have remembered I heard the same thing over & over again back in the late 1960's and throughout the 70's. In 1973 everyone was saying this would be the last Assembly in this "Old System of Things" and ever after that everyone kept repeating "things just can't go on much longer". Long after I faded in the early 80's, around 1988 my JW Aunt was still telling me how close the End was and how I needed to attend meetings again. She to is now long dead with no big "A" in sight. What a pipe dream! How sad so many lived such wasted lives for this complete fantasy nonevent.

In the late 1960's and early 70's all this seemed much more real because so many "worldly" experts agreed that there were numerous world-ending problems boiling over all over the Globe and the Watch Tower used quaotes from them to strengthen their arguments. a Cold War ready to explode into full blown "hot" war with Vietnam being one of the ignition points with the potential for Nukes and Germ warfare being used. Polution out of control poisoning everyone, the threat of another Ice Age, crime and violence stats going through the roof, immorality, drugs, fuel shortages, famines, Middle Eastern turmoil, and on and on. The movies from this period also fueled this "End of the World" feeling such as Soilent Green, Omega Man, A Boy And His Dog, Planet of The Apes, just to name a few. There really was a general feeling among JWs and non JWs alike that things were going to Hell in a hand basket because of the social upheaval and general changes society was going through in this period. The music and popular culture celebrated rebellion and the movies and TV shows were darkly obsessed with crime and vice as cities like New York, Chicago, and L.A. had record crime and murder rates with active Red Light districts. Crime dramas quickly replaced the Westerns of the early 60's on TV and movies like Taxi Driver, Dirty Harry, Dog Day Afternoon, Midnight Cowboy, Hard Core, Death Wish, The French Connection, Serpico, The God Father, Walking Tall, Billy Jack, showed the dark underbelly of America.

In short, there was much more external evidence for the Watch Tower bunch to point to back then than today and I can't imagine that it feels as real for the JWs today as it did for us back then. Not to mention the WWII era, if this Hell on Earth wasn't the beginning of Armageddon then nothing else could be. Old Rutherford had lots of evidence for the END during this period and yet it never came. Things look pretty damn hopeful now days compared to these times so I think we are going to be fine. I would guess your average JW today is far more skeptical about the big "A" today than at anytime in the Watchtower Organization's failed predictive history and I'm guessing their stagnant growth is evidence of this lack of enthusiasm for all things Apocolyptic.

• Mary
    Mary
    An older woman commented, "You can tell the end is coming.. its in the air.. you can feel it.. there is something in the air.. times are just.. different" and the whole time she was manically glancing around the room. The conductor agreed with her. All I could see was fear in the back of her mind that she had wasted most of her life in this shitty cult.

Yepper. Whenever I have a conversation with any Witness in their late 70s, 80s or 90s, they're always emphasizing that "Mother says" that "we are now deep, DEEP into the Time of the End." You can tell that they want so desperately to believe this because it's emotionally devastating to be facing death when you were emphatically promised 50, 60 and 70 years ago that you'd never grow old or die....... By the WT's calculations, we should've been finished burying all the billions who died at Armageddon long ago, and we should have been petting a lion and eating berries at the foot of a mountain by now, without a grey hair or wrinkle to be found anywhere. We should also have been welcoming back our loved ones who died this side of Armageddon by now too.............no wonder so many Witnesses have The Michael Jackson Syndrome as I call it-----they were taught about living in a Disney-like Paradise for so many years that they can't handle reality and stubbornly cling to dreaming about Neverland even as they see the Grim Reaper beckoning to them.

DannyHazard said: When I talk to dubs about this, the answer is mostly that they think it is probably not more then a decade away.

Geeze, one of the elders the other week told someone that he "knew" it would be here within 7 years!

To those who screwed us up royally: thanks for nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit