JW's are LOSING IT

by GetBusyLiving 42 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

yeah the lost the plot ages ago. They probably know deep deep down they holding onto something false, or perhaps just wishing that something would happen so they can say "you see we were right all along"

All the on the right hand

and

all the (no goats here) on the left

• Mary
    Mary
    I'm sure a lot of them have the fearful suspicion that it's all a lie, that something is terribly wrong, but they CAN'T LET GO...

This is so true and describes my father to a T. He's been in this religion for over 60 years and he was definitely one of the ones who completely and utterly believed this bullshit. When I was young, he would say things like "...if this System of Things is still here next year, then I'd like to go to Florida..." or stuff like that. He got screwed on his pension because of course he was told by the elders 50 years ago that he wouldn't need it, he believed it was coming in '75 (although he denies that now).........I remember when the Big Change came in the November 1995 issue of the Shittower magazine, telling everyone how the Generation doctrine was changing.......he quietly panicked and would say "...I can't really see the difference..." because he didn't want to admit, even to himself, that his suspicion was that we all got screwed.

However, it's hard to give up a belief after 60 years so he still carries on.........what a total waste.

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

It's just more of the same type of "group think" and paranoid pressure as always. Call it what you like, get as animated as you like it still doesn’t make it happen. I can still remember that same sentiment and it makes me cringe with disgust now.

HCM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit