JW's are LOSING IT

by GetBusyLiving 42 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

At one of the last bookstudies I ever attended I heard a comment that really struck home to me how desperate these people really are getting, to the edge of insanity. An older woman commented, "You can tell the end is coming.. its in the air.. you can feel it.. there is something in the air.. times are just.. different" and the whole time she was manically glancing around the room. The conductor agreed with her. All I could see was fear in the back of her mind that she had wasted most of her life in this shitty cult.

You guys have any experiences of increased paranoia and desperation amonst the Witnesses these days?

GBL

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

its in the air.. you can feel it.. there is something in the air..

somebody probably just passed gas

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

was she fanning her butt as she was jumping around?

Josie

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Last summer when my mother was staying with me she told me that my sister had said that they way they were talking at the assembly that it would probably be the last assembly before the big A. I innocently asked if my sister told her specifically what was said regarding that to which she replied that oh, just the way things are going in the world it can't be much longer. I just smiled and said, well, we'll see.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I've actually heard witnesses say that they can't keep up the pace much longer. Satan is keeping them too busy in this system and it's wearing them out. The end must come soon!

hehehehehehe. I'm happy I'm mentally free.

• Netty
    Netty
    they can't keep up the pace much longer. Satan is keeping them too busy in this system and it's wearing them out. The end must come soon!

Same thing they were saying 20 years ago, hmmm...

• Soledad
    Soledad

in 1992 I was having serious doubts about everything. my mother swore to me that the end would be here in less than 10 years......

I recently brought that up in a conversation. she denied ever saying such thing.

• Netty
    Netty
    she denied ever saying such thing

Don't you just hate it when they do that?? GRRR!! My parents have done that to me too, irks me to no end. K, now I feel better, thanks!

• Bagira
    Bagira

1975 my father made a bet with one of our neighbors about the end of the world coming that year. The PO of my previous cong (before I was disfellowshipped) gave all his money to his mother that year. saying, he would not need it any longer...........

The GB makes a good use and lots of bucks out of the fear of their folks....... :-((((

• metatron
    metatron

One of the weapons used against Nazi Germany was dropping fake leaflets and newspapers recommending extreme,

suicidial behavior. I've often wondered what would happen if someone did this to Witnesses - and how many would comply.

it's scary

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit