Spirit Directed

by Smiles_Smiles 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Like Sith, my mother led me into it. When I reached the age of understanding I led myself out.

Why isn't it enought to take personal responsibility and credit for our actions? Do our actions become somehow more noble or larger than life if we attribute them to the action of some imaginary thing?

OK, then, FIVE spirits and a Rakelsian Hellnocerus led me out.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Sassy,

I wouldn't say there was a spirit directed with me either.. just raised in it.. and then finally got tired of it and got out

Same with me.

Ken P.

• kazar
    kazar

Welcome Smiles and to answer your question: For myself, yes in getting out. This is true: the very day I found this board on the internet (accidentally, by the way. I thought I had a JW board, ha,) I had prayed to be directed to the truth as to whether to pursue my reconcilation with Jehovah's Witnesses or get away from them.

It was probably serendipity.

• kazar
    kazar

Welcome Smiles and to answer your question: For myself, yes in getting out. This is true: the very day I found this board on the internet (accidentally, by the way. I thought I had a JW board, ha,) I had prayed to be directed to the truth as to whether to pursue my reconcilation with Jehovah's Witnesses or get away from them.

It was probably serendipity.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Once, perhaps.

But both times?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Satan led me in and satan led me out.

S

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Terry,

If you apply that rule strictly you erradicate all human emotion as non-existent. Emotions defy exact definition, so do they exist? Other concepts, such as esteem, respect, dishonor, likewise wink out of existence in that bleak drab world.

Do you have clarification, or do you truly disbelieve anything you cannot quantify and define with exactness?

Curious,
    OldSoul

• free2beme
    free2beme

I think that "spirit" and I am not refering to the one of Christianity, leads us to what lessons we most desired before this life began, both good and bad and often we take what we need and leave what we did not want to become what we are and want to be.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Could we call the 'spirit' about which you talk the tao?

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ok, getting a bit serious now. I was raised in it. No spirit there, just sperm. My getting out was caused by my reading of ray franz' book, which was caused by a sneaky border line jw. But, at that time, i was basically a running on empty jw, ready to flounder at the slightest wave.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit