Spirit Directed

by Smiles_Smiles 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

Hello All,

I'm new here. And I just wanted to know if I am the only one that felt that 'spirit' led them into the JW and the same 'spirit' led them out of JWs???

A bit confused but loveing every minute of the peace,

Smiles_Smiles

• kls
    kls

Welcome I don't think a Spirit led me to anything ,for me the jws had a good sales pitch and leaving the jws was because i saw through the BS .

• Sith
    Sith

My mother led me in and my intelligence and rational led me out

• Terry
    Terry

Hi there!

To be as brief as possible; when we use a word like SPIRIT, we need to really understand what we purport to "mean".

SPIRIT is a concept. It is just a file folder. It represents what is inside the folder. Ask yourself "What is inside?"

SPIRIT is only as good as the definitions and instances inside the folder.

When you open the folder and look inside you'll ONLY FIND what people "say" it means. You will not find anything else. No facts, no data, no measurements, no science. Only hearsay.

So, this SPIRIT is merely a concept that "feels like" it means something. But, it doesn't. It is vague and unreal.

People have so many floating (ill-defined) un-caused concepts they've absorbed without conscious examination that they operate their minds based on vagueness of feeling. Emotions stemming from ill-defined values without conscious roots can certain LEAD US to places we'll be sorry to go!

Think of it as leaving your door open and then taking a nap. Don't be surprised if you wake up and find your house full of surprising things you might wish were not there!

So too with your mind! You have to be the one to answer the doorbell when it rings. You can't leave the door open because every wacky thing can come in and you'll have to live with it.

Jehovah's Witnesses are led by hundreds of ill-defined concepts that control their lives.

There has to be an INSTANCE of something before it can be perceptual and become data.

Hearsay is pathetic proof of anything.

You'll never find anything perceptual proving SPIRIT; you'll only find what people say.

Being DIRECTED means you are passive and are willing to follow. SPIRIT DIRECTED means you passively follow an ill-defined whim that stems from somebody else's hearsay.

Not a good way to live.

T.

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

Thank you for that definition. :-)

Maybe I should be more clear when I say 'spirit'. I am talking more about the motivation from the soul that is not distinguished by words. Sometimes people talk about synchronicity. And being motivated by the experiences of synchronity. When I speak of spirit led I am talking about in the realm of things like that. Basically - Energy. Energy that is different and tangible but not physical nor easily defined in logical terms.

Of course one can choose to live a self directed life making each choice based on logic, knowledge and/or life experiences. Or one my choose to listen to and factor in synchronicities and the energy within that gives ones clues as to the best course to take. (Some call it the letting go of an ego driven life.)

As weird as it may sound ... that's what I am talking about. :-)

Smiles_Smiles

• Netty
    Netty
    the motivation from the soul that is not distinguished by words.

When you put it like that, then yes, by all means my spirit led me out. I have my parents to thank for leading me in, that was not my choice at all. And welcome Smiles, it is nice to have you here.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

I think humans are given a +4 spirit bonus in WoW.

• Scully
    Scully

I wouldn't exactly call it "spirit".... vulnerability is more like it though.

Over and over again, the same theme repeats itself in the WTS literature about how many people Find The Truth™ during a transitional period of their lives. They feel alone. They feel scared about the future. They have just been divorced, or separated, or find out they or a loved one is ill, or have lost someone in death, or gotten out of a really crappy relationship, or just had a baby, or lost a job.... the list is endless. These stressors in life - along with the lack of a good social support network - make people vulnerable to the seemingly kind, friendly JWs (and other cult-like groups too) who are instant friends and only want to share a Wonderful Hope For The Future™ with their neighbours.

The same thing happens when people leave the organization too. They become disillusioned about what they perceive as a profound lack of love on the part of the JWs when they are in a time of stress or despair. They start reading the Bible to cheer themselves up and find things that contradict what the WTS says. Then they start looking through the publications and find that they too contain contradictory information. It starts unravelling like a cashmere sweater being tugged on by a pit bull.

What is also consistent is the end result of Examining the Scriptures Daily™: The affected person realizes that the Emperor isn't wearing any clothes... there's no turning back.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I wouldn't say there was a spirit directed with me either.. just raised in it.. and then finally got tired of it and got out

• Es
    Es

Welcome to the board, the spirit def didnt lead me to JW i was brought up in it. But i think a big wake up call led me out. es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit