Apostates commit the unforgivable sin and will NOT be resurrected.

by gumby 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

I posted this on another thread....but as usual, when I posted it, the thread died and so I thought I'd put it under a different subject as it's worth re-reading.

The society has always said nobody is the judge who commits the dreaded...."unforgivable sin", but they sure the hell do not having any trouble making a statement concerning APOSTATES as commiting the unforgivable sin.

1982 Watchtower 4/1 p.26-28

" Jesus told the unrepentant scribes and Pharisees that they and their Gentile proselytes were ‘subjects for Gehenna’ or, literally, ‘sons of Gehenna.’ (Matthew 23:15, 33-35; see also John 9:39-41; 15:22-24.) If even a proselyte of the Pharisees became a subject for Gehenna ‘twice as much so as themselves,’ how much more so Judas Iscariot, who made a heinous deal with them to betray God’s Son! Jesus implied this when he called Judas "the son of destruction." (John 17:12) Similarly, unrepentant apostates go, at death, not to Sheol, or Hades, but to Gehenna. (Hebrews 6:4-8; 2 Peter 2:1) The same is true of dedicated Christians who persist in willful sin or those who "shrink back." (Hebrews 10:26-31, 38, 39) These are merely examples to show that some, even in "this system of things," have committed the sin for which there is no forgiveness, not even in the system of things "to come." (Matthew 12:31, 32; compare 1 John 5:16.) They will, therefore, not be resurrected".

So there you have it........the WTBTS can determine that any who have died that died in an "apostate state" when they died...........will never live again no matter what. Isn't it wonderful to have god right here on good ol' planet earth?

Gumummy

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

thats why its important to emphasize to people who are exiting the wtbs , and who still believe in God.. that judgement comes from Jesus not from men from a publishing company.

after all the pain i went thru as a jw.. dead for eternity didn't sound too bad ! but i'm better now and have a better outlook about life AND death.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Can they prove it?

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

JW "apostacy" is just about who doesnt agree with the WT...especially if he pushes his views in a public arena.

Denial of Jesus sacrifice is closer to what "apostacy" really is. I am no theologian by any stretch, but that seems to be about the only thing that could get a real Christian in deep doo with the boss.

Remember..the WTBTS is not Christian... read enough literature and they just about admit to that.

~Hill

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I thought the only unforgivable sin was sinning against the holy spirit and since most of us are not "annointed" how could we ever do that; we are not worthy; loophole here

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

No Hell, Death or Hades could ever make me believe that their bu$$sh@t was true.

That reminds me of an Australian saying, from the army, about sticking by friends - that one would go with him to comfort him in hell

The language of the wts is pitiful.

-----------------------------------------------

a heinous deal with them to betray God’s Son!

..such is the case of the Silent Lambs, a heinous betrayal for their own image and love of a lie

• Swan
    Swan

Well, they have to say that, don't they?

If they told the truth and said,

"People who leave Jehovah's organization and become aposates have much better sex lives."

then that would just make the people leave even faster than they already are.

Tammy

• gumby
    gumby

Paduan....agreed

The same is true of dedicated Christians who persist in willful sin or those who "shrink back." (Hebrews 10:26-31, 38, 39) These are merely examples to show that some, even in "this system of things," have committed the sin for which there is no forgiveness

I guess they figure every witness who sins doesn't do it willfully eh? Everytime they lite up a smoke, steal in some way, screw, or lie.....it was an accident. Most every sin a dub commits is WILLFULL.......so I guess none of their poor arses has a chance....eh? Dubs will "persist" in sin till the day they die.....justy like everybody else.

Gumby

• Flash
    Flash

Apostates from whos point of view?? God's Son is the only one who has the right to determine that. My personal view is that only those that are anointed or anyone on earth or in heaven, who is perfect, can commit the Unforgivable Sin.

• JW83
    JW83

oh no

Guess I better get back to the meetings, hey?! I would rather go to HELL than sit through their crap again. Bring it on!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit