What is it that makes posters leave?

by Es 59 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

QUICK EVERYONE LOVE BOMB TALESIN!!!!

PLEASE COME BACK!!!!!!

• Chia
    Chia
    Plus I have an obsession with apostate woman.

We like you too, GBL!

*smacks GBL's booty with her belt*

• M.J.
    M.J.

I wasn't a really long-time member but a year ago I felt like this place had an atmosphere of too much cynicism and sarcasm. Even worse from my standpoint, I felt like there was a lot of disrespect for religious beliefs in general and blasphemous remarks seemed all too common. But it could have just been a bad JWD week or two. I left for several months but "net soup" got me into it again! I do think things are better then they were (or maybe I'm less sensitive?) and I appreciate hearing the wide variety of viewpoints here.

I'll stop fartin if some of these folks come back. I promise!

• upside/down
    upside/down

Life's a jouney not a destination... -Aerosmith

JWD is just a spot along the road.... a warm welcome spot.

u/d

• gumby
    gumby

I don't think I'll ever watch Seinfeld again because I'll move on and not need to watch that program anymore. When football season rolls around.....I'll probably not watch it again another season because I'll probly move on.

Why does "moving on" always have to do with leaving a religion that still needs it's ass kicked, and leaving friends you make that you can chat with? If a person stays here 10 years......is something wrong with them? Does it mean they are stagnet and have no life? I've been here 4 years, have a life.....but still enjoy coming here..........so shoot my ass!

Gumby

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

BurnOut! Some people just don`t know when to take a vacation from the board...OUTLAW

• sf
    sf

Hey OUTLAW my friend...{{{ warm, tight hugs }}} !!!

I was just scanning threads for any updates on WATCHTOWER CORRUPTION, DECEPTION AND IT'S LETHAL WAYS, and saw your name. Stopped me dead in my tracks baby. Had to give you a luscious hug.

Take good care. It's very good to see you posting.

Love, sKally

• steve2
    steve2

I can only speak for myself: Busy work schedule. Also, I'd like to think that those who have left, haven't really - they are free to come back and check out the threads.

When thinking about those who no longer post here, I remind myself that there is no expectation that people will stay. The JWs made such a huge thing out of "staying" (us) versus "leaving (them), and that kind of huddled togetherness can seem very reaffirming. Nowadays, no longer a JW, I am much less inclined to "miss" people who no longer post here. That's their choice and it most probably reflects a change in priorities which is fine and who says they won't touch base again when they feel the need?

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

As diverse as this forum is, there is a kind of JWD collective consciousness going on. That basically can get old for someone, and frankly it may very well be that a person is both happier AND more helpful to (other) people in leaving. I imagine some who leave may keep in touch with individuals they've met here, which means you're still in touch, and others who don't it could be like well evidently they are doing fine just without me, so it would be like where does that individual fit in anyway? There's their perception and there is how they actually do fit or don't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit