What is it that makes posters leave?

by Es 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Gadget
    Gadget
    I think that some leave because they get annoyed when others seem to be dogmatic about their own opinions or some may leave because some of the posters have some residual elder power and shove their weight around, meaning of course their own opinions .

You can sense when someone is being obtuse and by that I mean they lack sensitivety towards others, and that can be so irrating and plainly not nice.

We are all equals here. For someone to act superior toward others is just plain rude and some don't like it because their feelings have been hurt. Its like they are acting out what we all have left behind when we left the organization.

And yes too, some leave because they want to move on with their lives.

Orangefatcat's opinion.

Kinda sums it for me. I'm not on here very much now, although occassionally I pop in and see whats happening. I'm going to post a thread soon(When I get time, lol) about whats new with me, and hopefully I'll see a few of you at apostafests!

Paul

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I left a forum I used to truly love, posted 1000s' there......I guess I got bored of the same ol same ol - sometime we couldn't express ourselves freely because you'd get one or two that would moan about the post - we'd try explain freedom of speech but some wouldn't listen.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

They move on and get a life. Some quietly leave others make a big fanfare about it - hoping that all posters will respond and say "OH NO, PLEASE DONT LEAVE".

• JH
    JH

Attention whores.....

• desbah
    desbah
    They move on and get a life. Some quietly leave others make a big fanfare about it -

this is so true.

• gumby
    gumby

Many who leave .....leave because all the ones they were aquainted with also are gone. They come to the board and see strangers they do not recognise and feel they have nobody to talk to that they are familiar with. It's like coming home from a vacation to find your neigbors are gone, and new people live on the block. Actually......it's a good thing that new ones come here as it proves this site and others are having a great impact on the WTBTS and we should be grateful for that and make these feel welcome.

Gumby

• minimus
    minimus

Unless there's a disagreement, some leave because they got what they needed from the site and are content to move on.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

To receive but not to give, eh?

• minimus
    minimus

Personally, I'd like to see some of the recievers give back too. But that's just moi.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Please don't get me wrong, I love this place and have some great friends here I really care about.

I just know that in some cases if we look at ourselves before we put someone down there would be less hurt.

Gadget. dear friend Paul I miss seeing you very much and it was so nice to see you post today. I hope you pop up every now and then more frequently would be nice too.

love Orangefatcat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit