What is it that makes posters leave?

by Es 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

Was just reading the topic "its time to say goodbye" and it makes me wonder what is it that makes people who have been here for a long time leave? I couldnt imagine leaving this forum i love it and the people in it :) es

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I think that perhaps they have gained what they needed to know and if they are not ones to meet people in person and form the real bonds, perhaps JWD is just a tool to assist in the healing process. Others may have too much time being taken up by the board and have neglected the family. Perhaps like most of us here the discussion board becomes an obsession that really is an all or nothing deal.

Then also maybe they were out of work or bummed out and looking for something they needed and having gained the balance they lacked in the real life, they may feel dumb for wasting so much time in front of a computer. I know I do at times. For instance...I have work piled up everwhere. I am overtired and still had to come take a peak tonight.

• love11
    love11

I think... busy lives.

At least that's my excuse when I can't visit.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

On other forums I've noticed a lot of jealousy and tit for tat BS. "Why didn't you reply to my post?" "Why did you talk to her more than me". Stupid crap like that.

Then they leave.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I don't know. Sometimes I notice some posters put a lot of work into making their posts interesting then they leave. Sometimes I think maybe it just becomes to much hard work for them?

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

"My momma always said, life is like a box of chocolates.."

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I think that some leave because they get annoyed when others seem to be dogmatic about their own opinions or some may leave because some of the posters have some residual elder power and shove their weight around, meaning of course their own opinions .

You can sense when someone is being obtuse and by that I mean they lack sensitivety towards others, and that can be so irrating and plainly not nice.

We are all equals here. For someone to act superior toward others is just plain rude and some don't like it because their feelings have been hurt. Its like they are acting out what we all have left behind when we left the organization.

And yes too, some leave because they want to move on with their lives.

Orangefatcat's opinion.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I have read many boards over the years and come and gone many times. It is normal and if you spend any length of time of ANY board, you will see several. Perhaps it is, seeing how much they are loved, letting people know where they went (so there isn't a bunch of, "where is ... " post), or maybe they forgot to pay their internet, cable or phone bill and this kind of post is easier then explaining that embarassing mishap. Either way, it has been my experience that about 90% of them come back and say good-be again at some yet undetermined date for other reasons. Again, as normal as anything you could ever describe on a message board.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

There are many answers to your question.

"My momma always said, life is like a box of chocolates.."

Mark, you're just adorable.That was just cute. Has anyone ever told you that you resemble the guy on MAD TV, but you're cuter? Not trying to flirt with you. Just giving credit where it's due.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

"Yeeeees, yeeeeees, it's like - Bobby Lee?"

No nobody has made that observation, but I've had that same haircut when I was younger!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit