Our invitation to our JC came today!!

by TooOpinionated 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

def keep us posted es

• Frog
    Frog

Hi Too-op:)

I agree 100% that you shouldn't take it lying down from these sneaky b*astards. I dare say from how you described this elder, he might assume that by your absence that you are admitting fault. So make sure you get that letter out in priority paid first thing!

I'm sending your letter to our lawyer for legal counsel. We will need to arrange a meeting time with you so our lawyer can also attend. Please know that we will not allow our names to be slandered in any way that causes others to treat us differently, and will take legal action if that happens. (or something like that)
    I knew an elder that actually wrote a similar letter on behalf of his daughter who was called to a JC, and I know for a fact that it worked. No harm in giving it your best. Either way don't let them get the better of you, let them know that you will not accept their means of discipline. If all if this fails, then at least you have tried. Wish you all the best! Enjoy your b'day party, your little girl will love you for it:) frog xx
  • rebel8
    rebel8

I don't know your story OP, but how long have you been not associating with the JWs? I'm hearing many stories lately of people being DFd even though they haven't been associated for a long time...a violation of the rules....they are not supposed to DF non-members! I really hope people (not necessarily you because it may not apply) will take a stand against them for this. They do not have any right, even within their own belief system, to take actions against non-members.

I'm sending your letter to our lawyer for legal counsel. We will need to arrange a meeting time with you so our lawyer can also attend. Please know that we will not allow our names to be slandered in any way that causes others to treat us differently, and will take legal action if that happens.

That is a great idea.

• wiegel
    wiegel

hi too! sorry it has come to this for you, but try to think of it as one step closer to freedom! although i can't imagine my family in the borg being much more scarce than they are now, if i EVER get a letter like that, i will respond with a summons to a meeting with ME and my attorney. i would give it as much or as little attention as you need to, as long as you handle it the way you want, and not them. good luck! report back when you get time, will be anxious to see how it all goes.

trudy

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

IMHO I would agree to the meeting, then when they close the door to begin the interrogation you say " before we get started I would like to say something, I am dissassociating myself from this organization and here is my offical letter. Now excuse me because I have a birthday party to attend." (Walk out with head held high)

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

Well, an update. We had this part ready to go

I'm sending your letter to our lawyer for legal counsel. We will need to arrange a meeting time with you so our lawyer can also attend. Please know that we will not allow our names to be slandered in any way that causes others to treat us differently, and will take legal action if that happens.

Like my husband said, knowing me as well as the elders do, it was a definite promise. There is no other woman in the congregation that would stand up to them but me, and they know I mean business.

But....

I am VERY serious about writing letters, giving talks to small groups, talking to priests and ministers, etc, about the witnesses, and I do not want them to think I am being vindictive. Plus, I will not give up my power to them any longer. I think they are a joke, so they were treated like a joke. We have nothing to lose anymore, and so it was time to take some wind out of their sails. I can't wait to see the pompous elder's face when he reads Swan's response!

"Thank you for the invitation but we cannot possibly attend due to a conflicting engagement. Unfortunately your meeting coincides with our daughter's birthday party, and of course, as any good parent knows, that must take precedence. Please accept our cordial invitation to you to stop by before or after your meeting for cake and ice cream. We would love to have you join us for the festivities."

We both signed it, and popped it in the mail this morning.

They ironic thing is that the elders knew about my sticker when we recieved a memorial invititation, as an elder came to our door and studied it. It's taken them this long to do anything. My husband has not gone (except for Memorial 2 yrs ago) to a meeting in over 3 years, myself for 2 years. We must be part of their new policy. But the absolute deciding factor in sending this instead of a more hard core letter is that it will make NO difference in the way we have been treated. I have been shunned for a few years now (nobody ever told me if there was an annoucement, but it was quite obvious behavior). So it was time to thumb our nose at them. We refuse to give up our power to them. It is over.

They still treat my husband like he doesn't have a mind of his own, and this is happening because he is just going along with me. That is why he personally signed this letter, too. Actually, sending this version was his idea!!

It's taken a long time to get to this point, and I still have times where I get angry about the lies they say about us when all I tried to do was point out the 2 witness rule was wrong in child abuse to the elders, and protect the children in our congregation when the "alledged" molester came back to the congregation and was reinstated in less than a year. (Elder's relation-go figure.) And of course horrible crime of speaking against the elders, since I don't hold them as being appointed by God. I used to work with one-I know for a fact this couldn't be true from his behavior.

From here on end we live our lives for ourselves. I don't mean to come off flip about everything, because believe me, we have been dead serious about this whole situation for several years now. I didn't know at one time if my husband would leave the Organization with me and our kids, and before I found this site, I honestly believed that there was something wrong with ME for not being able to be submissive to their "counseling". Every fiber of my being screamed that it was all wrong.

It was a very stressful time that spanned a few years.

This is our way of moving on.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

((( Too )))

I'm glad you did what you did. I, too would love to see the expression on their faces!

Don't worry about vidictiveness. Go ahead with your campaign. The word needs to go public.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Maybe you ought to send the BOE a JC letter yourself. Say you, your husband and HadEnuf could be the JC. Have them answer to you for the UN involvement. The blood flip flops. Failed prophesies. Child abuse facilitators. Ban on aluminium cookware.

Tell them to come casually dressed....no need in wearing false pretences since Jahoba will be watching. Tell them they need bring nothing except the "truth" with them. I'd hold the JC at Chucky Cheese since the idea of DF'ing is so rinky dink anyway.

Maybe there punishment should be to paint 666 on their foreheads....or wait... they must yell out "Unclean.....Unclean" each time they enter the supermarket. Since we are worldly and of the world and they are to be no part of the world....don't they have to follow our rules?

A**holes.

• tyler m
    tyler m

Before I read your last post I was going to advise you to not write back anything because elders do not deserve the time of day. After reading what you sent them I think it's hilarious and tell them exactly what you think of them......they are a joke.

I would have opted for farting in the elder's faces. In fact, I probably would have peed on them too. Elders make good personal toilets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit