Our invitation to our JC came today!!

by TooOpinionated 35 Replies latest jw friends

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

We've been expecting it since the Memorial, and I was hoping it would come by registered mail so 
    I could refuse it, but NOOOOOO, it comes in a normal first class envelope. Actually, I thought it
    was our roofing estimate until I opened it.
    We are "invited" to explain our alledged "apostate" sticker on our mailbox. We were feeling so 
    frustrated that I got a bumper sticker from Randy Watters and put it on there. It has generated
    ALOT of interest, plus we finally had to put a No Trespassing sign up to stop the Witnesses from
    constantly hounding us.
    Anyway, our daughter is having her first birthday celebration (she will be 4) on that day, so I 
    guess they will have to hold it without us. We never had any intention of going, anyway.

I had wanted to start writing articles to expose the witnesses and send them to our local papers, 
    and now I'm kicking myself for not doing it, because it will probably look vindictive now. However,
    that is something I STILL will be doing, as we don't recognize the elders' authority, and honestly,
    there is a need inside of me to let the world know about the Ray Franzs and Barbara Andersons of
    this world.
    I just wanted to let this out, because no matter how well-prepared I was for this, I still started 
    shaking when I read the letter, but it wasn't because of fear, anger, or residual love of the congregation.
    It was more like the rush of adrenaline for battle. Finally, the culmination and official end to all
    the years of total B.S.
    Thanks for letting me vent. Now I'm off to figure out a fitting letter to the editor!!!!
    Teresa

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

Good for you!!!

It's gonna be kinda hard to expose the WT without looking vindictive. But writing a letter to the editor of your local paper about the Witlesses' blatant disregard for your requests for them to leave you the hell alone. That'll get some tails wagging.

I sure hope they don't have a WT mafia, though. That would suck for you.

laters

kaykay_mp

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Yay!!

In typical dub fashion they want you to explain that sticker. Utterly ridiculous. They cant get the hint.. Jeez louise.

Huzzah for you.

Teresa,

Don't let them off the hook that easily. I would write them back and state that they've chosen a date that is impossible for you to attend due to prior commitments, and insist that they choose a new one in writing. Then reject that date too. Why make it easy on these fascists?

• Swan
    Swan

I would write them and tell them this:

"Thank you for the invitation but we cannot possibly attend due to a conflicting engagement. Unfortunately your meeting coincides with our daughter's birthday party, and of course, as any good parent knows, that must take precedence. Please accept our cordial invitation to you to stop by before or after your meeting for cake and ice cream. We would love to have you join us for the festivities."

Tammy

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

By all means......write back and tell them that date isn't convenient for you. No need to feel that you OWE them any explanation. The idea of bowing to their wishes ASAP like they hold power over you and your household makes me ill.

Let us know how it goes...

hugs,

Annie

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Despite you having an 'apostate' sticker on your letterbox which should be enough to get the message across it sounds like your body of elders just wants to get you in a room so they can treat you like little children and tell you how naughty you are. Its the way they get their kicks...

• Purza
    Purza
    It was more like the rush of adrenaline for battle.

I understand that feeling. Please keep us updated.

Purza

Here's an idea.

Reschedule the meeting, then, about two hours before it it scheduled, eat foods that you know cause you to experience flatlence (of the really foul smelling variety), then let loose throughout the meeting. Don't be shy about it; get up, turn around, put your butt right in an elder's face, and cover his face with airborne particulate fecal matter. Just think of the satisfaction you'll get out of farting in their faces!

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

Thank you for all the well wishes and the congratulatory notes. I did so want to check mate them, though, if only to let them know that I have more information than they realize (the "secret" elders handbook in PDF, for one). I kind of want to shake them up a bit.

I found this gem http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/18983/1.ashx This would really shock them. Not sure about it, though.

As a sidenote, this particular elder is the SAME elder that caused Hadenuf's family so much grief. I've even heard him brag about how he has hidden in ditches at night waiting for lights to be turned off so he can get his so-called "evidence" against a woman for adultery. He had another man with him to comply with their infernal 2 witness rule, but of course they never saw the actual act committed. She was disfellowshipped on the act of turning off a lightswitch! Hmmmm, a regular James Bond wannabee! LOL

144001-Wow, that is indeed a most unique idea! My husband will definitely get a kick out of that when he gets home from work!

Teresa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit