Our invitation to our JC came today!!

by TooOpinionated 35 Replies latest jw friends

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

es- Thanks!

Frog-Thank you, we will enjoy the birthday party!

rebel8-I agree with you-it is part of the new policies. I just can't believe it took them this long to do something, since I made no secret of my feelings.

weigal-I hope it doesn't happen to you, but I like your strength if it does!

jt stumbler-that option had crossed our minds, too. I honestly feel violently ill at the thought of darkening the doors of a Kingdom Hall, though.

BrendaCloutier-Yes, that is exactly what I'm going to do. And in the end, I now realize it doesn't matter if they think I'm being vindictive or not.

EvilForce and 144001-LOL You two crack me up!

tyler m-Methinks you give good advice!

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Too...

Some people think I'm bitter.... I think I'm better :)

LOL

• JAVA
    JAVA

Too -- I only wish I could see the look on their faces when the elders get the letter. Please keep us informed if you receive any feedback from the local jokals. I'm sure they'll stop by for a little birthday cake and ice cream after their big meeting. You should have offer them some booze instead of cake and ice cream; that might have been more than most elders could refuse! :)

• Mary
    Mary
    EvilForce said: I'd tell them that you've been wondering where that bumper sticker came from yourself, some "rogue JW poztate" put it there. Maybe HadEnuf did it.

LMFAO!! That's what I'd say, although I'd take it one step further and go by the stealth of night and crazy glue some 'postate bumper stickers to these elders' cars.

ROTFL

Can't you just see them frantically trying to scrape it off their bumpers right before Saturday morning Service?

Road Rage

• codeblue
    codeblue

(((TooOpinionated)))

I am so sorry you and your husband are going thru this horrid experience.

Anybody with half a brain and half a heart should have been woken up seeing the Dateline May 2002 that exposed the pedophile problem in the WTBS and the "2 witness rule"....That is what woke me up!!! Hypocrisy!!! I only went in the door to door once after seeing that show!

I can't believe it has taken the elders so long to approach you for a "judicial meeting". The sticker on your mailbox could have been put up by "anybody"....and they have no proof you put it on your mailbox, after all, they believe in the the "2 witness rule", right?

I do like the response you sent:

I'm sending your letter to our lawyer for legal counsel. We will need to arrange a meeting time with you so our lawyer can also attend. Please know that we will not allow our names to be slandered in any way that causes others to treat us differently, and will take legal action if that happens.

Hope all goes well for you and hubby and please keep us posted with the response to your letter.

CodeBlue

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I am forever trying to figure out who the hell do the elders think they are.

I was thinking to myself how stupid that elder must have looked sitting in a ditch spying on someone just to see if they are "SINNING".

My father use to do the spy game too. Its disgusting and with the new stalking laws in many states I think if someone knew this they should report it to the cops so they could arrest him /them for STALKING. Wouldn't that be cool just radical. I can visualize him trying to explain that one to the judge.

Teresa you have a lot of courage and I wouldn't even worry about the brothers or Society thinking you are being Vindictive. Even if you were, who cares go for it sweet girl. Stick it to them. Revenge is a dish best served cold and I would make sure it was freezing cold... I am not a vindictive person but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I mean its really like the brothers are persectuing you for your right to express how you feel. They just can't get away with this.

Funny thing though, is the Organizaiton really doesn't give a rats ass about the law. They say that the respect Ceasers laws but when was the last time you ever heard a witness say that they respect the law, in fact its quite the opposite, when they try to stick it to Uncle Sam..

Yes it appears that the witnesses are on a "witch hunt" to dig up inactive witnesses and give them an ultimatum . ( A statement, especially in diplomatic negotiations, that expresses or implies the threat of serious penalties if the terms are not accepted) . Are you for or against us..?? . sheesh. They must be disperate for new statistics . .

Stick to your principals and give it to them both barrels, be it by letters, the media, press, groups and clergy. I love it .

Wishing you every success.

Love Orangefatcat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit